The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Remington Universal 12
rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2009 7:06 am    

Universal 12 5x5 - Built by Herb Remington and has the certificate with it saying it was built in "93"
I got this from Sonny Miller - When I got it I had to make a lot of changes on it because Sonny told me originally it was tuned to an A6th - It is now set up with Emmons 1,2,3 pedals and the 4&5 pedals are the same as 5&6 on a 6th tuning - Has a nice case with wheels - I can email a copedant from my home computer if you want to see what it is now.
I am going to go back to a good newer 10 string with at least 4x5 if anyone is wanting to do a swap - otherwise for sale for $1350 shipped in the states - BTW - The "Button" doesn't do anything - I think it was originally used to get a sort of "Boo-Wah" sound - it has wires that go to the pickup - one has been disconnected - I didn't try to hook it up again
563-357-0688
randmpete@iowatelecom.net

Last edited by rpetersen on 12 Jun 2009 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total

rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2009 3:03 am    

Might deal a little Mr. Green

rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2009 3:57 pm    

How's $1350.00 sound - otherwise I'll probably go to ebay - Have another guitar spotted

rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2009 5:36 pm    

want to sell - Who's interested????????
Good axe - just want something different

Paul Foster

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2009 1:36 pm     Remington pedal steel

HI Everyone
These guitars do not come up for sale very often, because the people that have them wont part with them!!! I bought one sight unseen and I was totally pleasently, surprised!! The guitar sounds awesome, sustain till next week, Mine is a single 10 with 3 and 4, I have owned several well known guitars in the past few months and I truly believe this is the best sounding of them all. If you are lucky enough to find one, {They are scarce} buy it!!!you wont be sorry, no, mine is not for sale!!! Feel free to ask me any questions you might have!!! I love this guitar Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2009 4:01 pm    

5 pedals is 2 pedals shy for most Universals . Got any more hiding in the closet ? RT

Lonnie Dennison

Bradford, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2009 4:11 pm    

i have seen this guitar on the forum a few times. i dont know much about remington guitars as i have only owned emmons. it looks well built. and for a few bucks more you can have a pro model insted of the carter-starter. just wondering why it has been passed around so much? good luck in your sale if i was looking for a back up id buy it Question

rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2009 4:19 am    

Hi Lonnie - when I got the guitar it was kind of a mess and had some sort of wierd tuning and had the knee levers all out of adjustment and one was moved to a location where it wouldn't even work! - I was told that originally the guitar was tuned to some sort of A6th tuning - I have changed setups on many steels before and with several changes and some added parts, I got it playing pretty good - I played it on the Quad City steel show in Davenport Iowa in April and got along fine with it - Haven't touched it since - basically have lost interest - This has most of the E9th moves anyone would want and also by lowering the E's, the 4th & 5th pedala do the same as the 5&6 pedals on C6th tuning - It's is a great way to play all of the The E9th material you want and also be able to do most of the 6th tunig material!
thanx.......Ron