The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Norman Jerald.....drummer in Southeast Virginia....RIP
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2009 9:19 am    

Norman Jerald, long time drummer in the southeastern Virginia area passed away yesterday morning (April 21) from C.O.P.D. which is some form of a respiratory disease. Norman was one of the good guys and a good friend of mine and many others in the area. He was in his middle seventies and had still been active in music until around 5 or 6 months ago.

At our Virginia Country Music Assn's Xmas Parties and Annual Picnics, Norman was always on the job. He'd become know around here as "Mr. Dependable" which really described him. You could call ol' Norman and say "Norman, I need you to play drums at the Norfolk Moose Lodge on the 21st of December 2012" and if he was still around, he'd damn sure be there! that date, two or three years down the line would come and he'd show up with out ever having to be reminded again! I'd never known him to miss a job with anyone for any reason.

We'll all miss him for sure.... Let's say a prayer for his long time lady friend (Evelyn) as they'd kept company for many years......RIP Norm.....JH in Va.

Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2009 9:42 am    

Sorry to hear the sad news about Mr Norman...he was a true legend, and was one of the 'white hat' guys.
My prayers for comfort and peace for his family, and family of friends..
Rest in eternal peace Mr Norman..
RP...'come on in'...

John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2009 7:15 am     Everything said Here is True

Norman Was Surely one of the good guys. I'll miss him!

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2009 9:15 pm    

Rob & John, thanks for the kind thoughts, they're appreciated...........JH in Va.

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2009 9:54 am    

This is another old friend I'll always miss.
I worked with Norman in the mid 60's in a hot spot country club on Oceanview Blvd. in Norfolk VA right after my MSA days in Dallas.
He used to bragg that he had been yelled at by the biggest names in the country music field. A real great personality, friends were no trouble for him to make.
He was also a private pilot and we talked hours of our exploits in the military skys over eastern Virginia.
A truly wonderful friend.

Bobbe Seymour