The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Carter Starter (IN 3D!) with lots of instructional matl
Nathan Sarver

Washington State, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2009 1:35 pm    

Carter Starter in good condition. Included in the package are a gig bag, extra set of strings, Jeff Newman's DVDs "Up From The Top Vol. 1" and "The Right Hand Alpha." Also "Mel Bay's Deluxe Pedal Steel Course" and "The New Sho-Bud Pedal Steel Guitar Course". $600+$30 shipping to the lower 48.

If you have some old 3D glasses you can view it in amazing 3D! Laughing

Ulf Edlund

Umeå, Sweden
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2009 12:22 pm    

THE 3D WORKS Exclamation Cool

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2009 1:55 pm    

Dang, the 3D doesn't work the the glasses I used to view the recent movie "Coraline." Gotta have red+blue lenses, apparently. Cool modern advancement in the sales of pedal steel guitars, Nathan! Bet we see more of these online soon.

Nathan Sarver

Washington State, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2009 6:36 pm    

I like to think of myself as a trend-setter. Cool

Nathan Sarver

Washington State, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2009 3:13 pm     Please close

Guitar has been sold. Please close. If anyone wants any information on how to do photographs in glorious 3D, feel free to email me.

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2009 4:49 pm    

A good anaglyph, Nathan... another stereoscopic photographer in the Forum. I thought I was the only one. I've been shooting in stereo for about 30 yrs., in 5 perf, 7 perf formats, and also in Pan-16 using a Bolex H16 movie camera with a beam splitter.

This is part of my collection of stereo cameras.

Nathan Sarver

Washington State, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2009 6:24 pm    

That's awesome, Alan. Do you know if someone makes a digital stereoscopic camera? I just have a little tripod attachment that slides the camera 2.5" from side to side.

Dennis Tinsman

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2009 8:27 pm    

OK Nathan! What happend? Did you get yourself another steel or are you throwing the towell in. Either way shoot me a e-mail or call my number if you still have it. www.dennistinsman.com I,m planning a trip to Washington. My daughter lives in Shelton and a good friend owns Liberty RV in Sumner. I was wondering how you guys did the 3-D. I buy the throw away cameras at Wall-Mart. I always screw up a picture or two and thats is with one button. I don't know how I ever learned to play the steel. Maybe if they made a camera with pedals and knees I'd do better. Rolling Eyes

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2009 1:55 pm    

Nathan Sarver wrote:
...Do you know if someone makes a digital stereoscopic camera? I just have a little tripod attachment that slides the camera 2.5" from side to side.

As long as your subject doesn't move, a slide bar is as good a method as any other. I use that method to take shots of my model railway, because I can reduce the interocular separation to what a scaled-down man's would be; about 2 mm. That makes models look lifesize.
There are stereo digital cameras being made, but they're mainly for hospitals and cost in the region $2,000-$10,000. They're also very heavy. No-one has made a regular digital stereo camera, but there are two alternatives. The first is to use a beam splitter or stereo attachment in front of a digital SLR. The other is to use two identical cameras and fire them via a dual cable release. This method has always been popular, but with 35mm cameras the main problem was that the interocular/interlens separation could not be smaller than the width of the camera. This was dictated by the size of the film. Using a larger ILS creates hyperstereo, so things look like models. This can be useful if you stand on a hill, take a shot of the city, then move six feet to the side and take a stereo pair. When viewed, you see what a giant would see. With modern digital cameras it's very easy to find two small cameras. The problem is finding two cameras with cable release sockets. If you were willing to take the cameras apart you could wire the two buttons together, so that pushing either button fires both shutters.

Ulf Edlund

Umeå, Sweden
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2009 2:33 pm    

It has been said before, but you just GOTTA love this forum Very Happy