The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fayetteville, NC Steel Show Nov 3-4
Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2001 5:50 am    

The Bi-monthly Mid-Atlantic Steel Guitar Assocation show and jam will be on Nov. 3-4; it starts about 4 pm on Saturday, and runs Sunday from 11 am til about 6 pm...for information and details, drop me an e-mail; it is held at the Fayetteville, NC Moose Lodge. Joe Turner, Clyde Mattocks, Arnett Mills, and many other top local players are featured; open jam session, plus an opportunity to do individual playing. Great fun, super location, food and beverages; we had approximately 80 people at our last meeting. $20.00 club membership entitles you to admission through next August; or $10 for just one meeting.

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2001 8:05 am    

bump pls...

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2001 6:19 pm    

The weekend fest went fantastic! We had a turn out of approximately 100 players and friends, with great picking, backup, fun, food, and beautiful weather..A surprise was the attendance of Ron Lashley Jr. who spoke to the group, promising to continue the Emmon's tradition and to build the best steels being made. Ron seemed very sincere, and we thank him for attending. The next meeting is tentatively set for early February, and Wilson, NC is being considered for the site...

Leigh Howell

Edinburgh, Scotland * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2001 2:26 pm    

Bowie.
We need an address, and a way to register for membership. I'm a singer that loves the steel guitar. I just dont have the cordination to play one!
Leigh

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2001 5:14 pm    

The address for the association is 2002 Garrett Dr., Wilson, NC 27896; to Bowie Martin, Treasurer, MASGA. The dues are $20 for the remainder of the club year through August 30. This includes the newsletter and all jams (except if we bring in a national artist). We have the next meeting set in Wilson, NC on the first weekend of February tentatively (Sat. and Sun); we would love to have you! more details will follow!! It a great group, with good musicians, (we love to have singers participate), good people, clean locations. Hope to see you and lots of others... Bowie Martin, Treas.

Vernon Hester

Cayce,SC USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2001 9:11 am    

Bowie
Neeley and Buddy said you had a nice show,Sorry I couldnot be with you as the Drs did a triple bybass last Fri.Thanks to all of for your Prayers.
Vern

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2001 6:32 pm    

Vern, so glad you have gotton this behind you.! We sure hope you are doing great! We hope you will be back with us for the next one. Bowie

Shoe

Richmond, KY USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2001 9:26 am    

Hey Mr. Treasurer, Announcing the new MASGA Web site to keep everybody informed of the happenings in Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association. Find it at www.masga.org
I would also like to list a few names of the player at our last jam for those who missed the fun. Clyde Mattocks, Bryan Adams, Jerry Fleming, Arnet Mills, Joe Turner, David Turner, Skip Mertz, David Spell, Kenny Dail, Glen Lanning, Mike Salley, and that's only about 20%.
Secretary, MASGA

------------------
Edwin G. Shoemaker
ZB Custom D10 8/5
'74 Session 400

John Heinrich

Whites Creek, TN, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2001 8:44 am    

Just visited the masga web site and thought it looked super!!!! Wish I could have visit the Fayetteville NC Steel Show. Maybe next year.

John,
MSA Double ten / Excel Double ten (full endorsement).

------------------

Vernon Hester

Cayce,SC USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2001 10:54 pm    

Nice Web site keep up th good work
Vern