The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MP3 or WAV files WANTED !
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 9:18 am    

Starting with todays date, 10/31/01 I have opened an Internet radio site titled “Unknown Steel Hero’s”. The sole purpose of this Internet Station is to play Steel songs or tracks of unknown steel players ( that’s most of us ) with their bands from around the world. If you would like to participate please send an MP3 or WAV file of songs or recordings that you are present on, these could be band gigs, studio or even just plain at home with a cassette deck. You can send the files to me at my Steel Forum email address which is tprior@carolina.rr.com. If you don’t have MP3 or WAV files and still want to send songs to be included in the program, send a tape or CD to Tony Prior, PO Box 78865, Charlotte NC 28271. I would like to thank Bob Lee for granting me permission for the song requests. To access the internet radio site go to www. Live365.com, search for either Steel Guitar or by my broadcasters name which is tprior . I would encourage everyone to participate regardless of skill level. When sending a song, please include the song name, your name and the date of the recording for proper playlist credits. Don’t hold back , send in them tunes..

Thanks to all

T Prior

Bob Lawrence

Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 6:23 pm    

Sounds like fun. I found it at the URL below: http://www.live365.com/stations/289000

Tommy Mark

Port Perry Ont, Can.
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 7:18 pm    

Hi Tony ; I sent a couple featuring Rusty Walker on Steel and myself on Dobro. By the way Bob, where exactly is "lower" Sackville as compared to "upper" Sackville ? ha ha . Regards............ Tom

Bob Lawrence

Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 6:44 am    

Tommy,

I don't think that I can fully respond to your question because it gets away from the posted topic but I will provided a quick Overview:

The Community of Sackville is part of The Halifax Regional Municipality, which is the capital of Nova Scotia, Canada. The community consists of four seperate areas, all interconnected. Lower Sackville, Middle Sackville, Upper Sackville and Beaverbank.
Lower Sackville is the business and central core of the community. The vast majority of people who live in Sackville live in Lower Sackville. In Lower Sackville you will find restaurants, most businesses, pool, rinks, schools and most other amenities.

Middle Sackville is about 3 miles from the core of Lower Sackville. This area is mostly a bedroom community of larger lots and more space.

Upper Sackville is about 6 miles from the core of Lower Sackville. It begins at the far end of Middle Sackville.

Beaverbank is about 3 miles from the core of Lower Sackville in the opposite direction of
Middle Sackville. It is also a bedroom area much like Middle and Upper Sackville with similar advantages and disadvantages.

The combined area of Sackville has a population of about 35,000 people. Most people work outside the community in either Halifax or Dartmouth. The community is considered a blue collar community but is more of a mixture of all kinds of wonderful people.

For additional information you can email me: robert.lawrence@ns.sympatico.ca

Please say hello to Rusty & family for me and my parents Fred and Cathy Lawrence (formally from NFLD.

I look forward to listening to the music you guys sent in.

Bob