The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  KNIX Country Spirit Magazine -Tempe,Az. Sandy Lovejoy-RIP.
LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2009 10:41 pm    

I was just think of this wonderful lady Sandy Lovejoy who was the Editor of KNIX Country Spirit Magazine in Tempe,Arizona. May of 1993 front page of this magazine read Billy Ray Cyrus.Nobody likes him but the fans.I remember Sandy saying to me how Billy Ray Cyrus was getting a bad rap.I was feeling this little Achy Breaky in memory of her.What a sweet person she was to me and we became good friends and I would help her at the Academy of Country Music Award Show to get to some of the Artist she couldn't get to otherwise. She always had her buddy Chris Braden with her. Sandy Lovejoy. Thanks for the memeories your old friend Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. PS: Anybody in Toolies Country of Phoenix,Arizona remember Sandy Lovejoy?

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2009 7:40 am    

Okay! How about " TOOLIES Country " with " Sandy Lovejoy "? Are was it at Mr. Lucky's with " J.David Sloan "! The real hub of Country Music in Arizona was from my late friend " BUCK OWENS " and his son Buddy Alan. The real Southern California Country Music connection with all from Arizona. Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2009 8:43 pm     Mr Lucky's

LJ,
I remember Mr Lucky's well
i played there 5 nights a week for at least 3 yrs back in the early to mid 90's with J-David
and had a blast i lived in Casa Grande and worked at De-no music and drove the 50 or so miles every night after work and home again.. i met Guys like Ed Black, Tommy Mortenson , Danny Sneed just to name a few and i remember Sandy lovejoy well.. my condolences to her friends and family..... RIP Sandy.

P.s if you ever run into J-david tell him i said hey..
2022 65 Emmons Resound P/P D10

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 10:38 am    

Hello Al Miller, Thanks for remembering Sandy Lovejoy. What a sweet lady who tried to help many new comers in this crazy world of music Business. She sure is missed my me. Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.and the Homing Pigeon Band.

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2009 3:13 pm    

Toolies is gone - Mr. Luckies is now playing only Mexican style music - both clubs WERE great for country music but no more.

Sandy Lovejoy was not much news in the area and I wonder why ????
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 3:49 pm    

Joe Naylor,that's a good question about Sandy Lovejoy that I can't answer from that neighborhood.But,She was a unique blend for KNIX radio Station's Original source for the Country Spirit Magazine. Sincerely in Country Music,Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. & Pigeon Band

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2009 7:16 am    

Bump: Whoa! Rolling Eyes That's it! Leo