The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  *SOLD* D-12 Fessenden w/9&9 $2200 obo plus shipping
Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 12:29 pm    

Due to the loss of my day job, this has to go for $2200 obo plus shipping, or I will deliver at no charge within 50 miles of DFW.

The posted pictures are from before I bought the guitar from Jerry, and it has True Tone pickups on it now. I can post or send more current pictures, if needed.

It currently has 1" longer legs and rods, but I have a set of regular length legs, and can get a set of rods from Jerry.

Last edited by Jim Smith on 16 Jan 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 2:47 pm    

Jim....that's a nice looking Fessy.....loaded up, too. At the price you're asking it should sell quickly.........come on fourumites.....give our friend Jim a break.....somebody buy this great guitar..........HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

David Biggers

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 4:12 pm    

Jim
I am really sorry to hear that.
I wish my job stattis was more secure.
Good luck with this.
Hang in there.

Ivan Goldstein

Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 6:34 pm     jim please check your box thanks!!!!

I wrote you an email

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 7:10 pm    

Jim-that is a great loaded D12 guitar, and the price is very reasonable. I like the D12 Idea and with 9 kneelevers , very versatile.

You can have a U12 tuning on one neck and extended E9 on the other, best of both worlds...Happy New Year...al.SmileSmile

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 8:48 pm    

Ya gotta love a nice Fessy like this-un. Best of luck on the sale, Jim, sorry about the reasons for the sale. Someone is going to get more steel than he, or she ever thought they might need, much less ever even thought they might need. I still believe that the biggest mistake I ever made in the world of steel guitar was selling my old Fessenden.
Duncan

Jeff Ferrasci

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2009 9:34 am     Fessenden D12

Jim: I am interested in your guitar. Could you tell me something about age and how much use on this instrument? Jeff Ferrasci 510-508-6570

Jeff Ferrasci

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2009 9:34 am     Fessenden D12

Jim: I am interested in your guitar. Could you tell me something about age and how much use on this instrument? Jeff Ferrasci 510-508-6570

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2009 11:53 am    

Thanks for all of the inquiries about the guitar so far. Of the Dekley that I built for myself and will never sell, and the Emmons, the Fessenden was the least played, so it's the one that has to go. It almost sold once already, but the buyer had to back out.

I bought it new from Jerry Fessenden in 2002, I think. I would guess that it's been played on less than 100 gigs since then.

Jerry is currently waiting for a new shipment of rods, and will be heading out for the Arizona show next week, so if someone wants it with the stock length rods, I'll get them shortened locally before shipping.

I'm currently using two 1" longer legs on the front and two regular length legs on the back of the Emmons and the Fessy, so I'll need a commitment to buy before swapping legs and shortening the rods.

I can change the setup to whatever you want, within reason, and assuming I have the spare parts to do so. Any remaining spare parts will be sent with the guitar.

I will gladly take PayPal, but they will charge me 2.9% to receive the payment, so that will have to be added to the payment. I'll ship it any way you want, and I think the shipping weight will be about 75 pounds, so you can calculate the shipping costs from 75063.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2009 11:45 am    

I've had several inquiries, but no takers yet. I can deliver this at the Dallas show in March, if not sold before then. I'll be glad to set it up to your specs, within reason, and assuming I have enough spare parts to do so.

David Dunn

Hideaway , Tx USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2009 1:26 pm     Fessy

Jim, CK your PM..........Dave

Drew Howard

Post  Posted 15 Jan 2009 3:16 pm    

2002 was a good year for Fessy's, gang Smile

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2009 11:29 pm    

Thanks for all the inquiries. The guitar has been sold and will be going to Tomball, TX. Please close this post.