The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Christmas Party in Branson
Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2008 6:42 pm    

That's right! Christmas Party in Branson!! Steel guitar people.....my, what a family! We had election of officers and all the officers went back into office. Hank Ruf, president--Mike McGee, vice president--Terry Bethel, Treasurer--Ann Ruf, secretary. Of course, I'm the chaplain of the club and they don't vote on me, they just appoint me. We had a real good time. We had Bob and Jeri Alsop from Tulsa and their sister-in-law, Darlene Chambers. And all of you know Rob Parker, he drove about 300 miles to be with us from Paducah, KY. Jerry and Carlene Roller came up from Arkansas. Scotty and Teresa Henderson came down from Camdenton, MO. These are pro pickers and they just came to listen. Now, that's class! Marty Neer came from OK and he played so good. He has a collection of 8 Emmons steel guitars, but he played his Zum today. We had 10 players, I think! Most all the others were from the surrounding area. It was a great party. Thanks to all of you for making it an enjoyable afternoon! Merry Christmas!!

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2008 7:00 pm    

Carlene and I just got home. We enjoyed the get together very much. Thanks to you guys for letting us be a part of your great club. We enjoyed all the players and Carlene said Bill Myrick's guitar (Rains)was really........er..........ahhhhh, BLUE! It is very pretty and sounded really good.
Jerry, you and Venda did a super job as always.
Thanks to all,
Jerry

Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 5:28 am    

By golly Miss Carlene I never noticed before but the thing really is "really ----er-----ahhhhh BLUE" - Whoa!

I tell what we can do --if you can kind of "crack the whip" a little on a certain guy you know pretty well, to get that blue LDG finished, I'll sell the Rains to someone clear out of our country and it'll be a lot easier on all our eyes -- Razz

Seriously, it was so special having you two there, thanks so much for coming. I hope all got home safely ahead of the freezing rain. We hit some heavey rain at Roaring River State Park but it was not freezing. We left Branson at 4:30 with 64 degrees temperature and arrived in Pea Ridge 6 pm with 39 degrees. Smile

Buster Sharp

Eureka springs arkansas
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 5:34 am    

Thank you guys for having my son and myself at the christmas party!The food,fellowship and picking were all great.Im looking forward to seeing everyone again.Im gonna bring my picks next time!I just hope Scotty is always there to give me some numbers when Im getting lost!Merry christmas to all my new friends!

Bill Myrick

Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 7:27 am    

It was great to have you there Buster and thanks so much for being a part of the great back up band---

Left to right : Denver Callahan, Russ Burns and Buster Sharp.
Thanks, guys--we appreciate you very much !! Very Happy

Hank Ruf

Little Elm, Texas USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 7:32 am    

The OzSGA celebrated Jesus's Birthday yesterday and had a great time doing it! I want to thank all that came to help us celebrate. Special thanks to the Steel players, back up band, people that just jumped in to helped where ever needed. BIG THANKS TO ALL!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS...

Last edited by Hank Ruf on 15 Dec 2008 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 7:57 am    

Thanks to all of you for supporting our club. I want to also thank you for your show of support to the current team of officers. I'm honored to be a part of that, and I don't take the responsibility lightly.

I want to especially thank Hank and Ann for their efforts in arranging for yesterday's meal. It was DELICIOUS! And thanks to all who brought those wonderful desserts.

We had to leave too early, but we were concerned about the storm and had to make some 'santa' stops while on our way home. The thermometer read 63 degrees on our car when we left Branson around 3:00pm. It read 26 when we pulled into the garage at 6:00 pm. brrrrrrrr!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 10:16 am    

Well I was there, only a day early. I thought it was Sat. Sorry I missed out, sounds like it was a good time.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 11:34 am    

Hope Smiley made it. He informed me He and Gene "Pappy" Merritt were going up for a few days in Branson..So look out Branson you've got fair warning Smileys Laughing on the way..

Bill Myrick

Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 12:23 pm    

Doug Ernest-----Son !! -- I think you're in a heap "o" trouble !! Venda says she made this wonderful white cake just per your request --

And you didn't show up !!!! Whoa! - Shocked

Remember, "Hell hath no fury like that of a woman's scorn" especially the petite ones like Venda.- Cool

Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 8:51 pm    

Yes, Doug, I made that cake just for you! I guess I could have mailed you a piece but what a mess that would have been! Shocked

Hey, Bill and Eva, I really enjoyed your set. That was great!

Venda

Bill Myrick

Post  Posted 16 Dec 2008 4:55 am    

Thank you so much for setting in with us Venda, you saved the day for me. I don't think I hit three notes I intended to the whole time. Hard for an old man with a touch of "Arther" to get up stone cold and play (will that do for now as an excuse ? )
Also thanks to Sharon Robertson for being a great (and good looking )music rack and helping Miss Eva.

You and Jerry made another wonderful Annual Christmas Presntation as usual. Thank you so much for all you two do for our Association ! - Smile

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2008 5:17 am    

And I really wanted some of that fine cake, too! Unfortunately I couldn't get away from the family farm up north on Sunday in time to make the party.
Bill, believe me I know about that "fury" thing..... Embarassed
Venda, thank you for the cake even though I didn't get to enjoy it. I'm sure others enjoyed it as much as I would have. You are sweet.
"Teach Your Children Well"

Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2008 4:34 pm    

Teresa and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed the show. We had a rainy trip home but made it ok ad hope everyone else did. See you in February