Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Our Hero & Dad Has gone to Play Steel in Heaven
Jerome Dube

St. Francis, Minn. USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 12:01 am    

Hello All,

It is with great sorrow & Heavy Hearts to inform
you that Dad, Jerry Dube has Passed away peacefully
surounded by all of his loving family early this morning. He Passed away at 12:30 A.M. Tuesday Nov, 11th.

Please Keep us in your thoughts as we Greive for him.

DAD LOVED ALL OF YOU SO MUCH

I will post the visitation & Service information when we know them.

It will also be in the St. Paul Pioneer Press

Jerome Dube[/b]

Ron !

Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 12:04 am    

Jerome we are so sorry to hear this.May the Good Lord guide you and your family in this hard time.

Karen and Ron

Ernie Renn

Brainerd, Minnesota USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 12:44 am    

I'm so sorry to hear that. Jerry was a great guy! My most sincere condolences to the entire Dube family.

www.BuddyEmmons.com

George McLellan

Duluth, MN USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 3:38 am    

I will miss him a lot. He was a good friend. This picture will always bring back fond memories.

Geo

Delvin Morgan

Lindstrom, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 4:23 am    

Jerry, I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, I really respected him. Jerelyn and I would like to be at the service.

Your friend
Del

Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 4:39 am    

Jerome,
I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad. Just know that God has called him and he is now without pain. We will all miss him. I remember first meeting him at a Minnesota Steel Guitar show on Lake Street. He extended his friendship, and that meant the world to me. Here is a picture from his benefit that I will always cherish.

steve

Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 7:33 am    

To the Dube's -
We are saddened that Jerry lost his battle with cancer after having fought it so hard and extend heartfelt sympathy to the great Dube family at this time of loss. He's now playing steel guitar in heaven and making music even more beautiful than he shared with us while he lived. We have so many, many wonderful memories of Jerry that we will forever treasure. For example, we always hold dear to our heart having had the "Dube Bros" over for breakfast during our 50th anniversary celebration last year. We pray that God will help you through this trying time.
...lefty & barb

Kirk P Dighton

Troy Mills, Iowa
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 7:52 am    

It is sad when we lose someone so good, but in the same breath, we rejoice that God let us have him for so long. The blessing was ours to have been touched by him and the whole family. His love for the instrument, the poeple that play the instrument and his overall kindness cannot be measured by any one of us. God has promised us a house with many rooms and this life is not the end by any means. The highest form of flattery is a fond memory of someone like Jerry! God has blessed you with this wonderful man and his memory will live on forever in all of us. Rejoice in Gods promise and we will all pray him right to heaven's front gate and The Lord's open arms. God bless you all. Kirk and Kim Dighton.

Al Udeen

maple grove mn usa
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 8:17 am    

Jerome,Gail & family! I am saddened so much to hear this today, As you know, I have known Jerry since you were living in Elk River, Mn.,With all the prayers {including mine},you can rest assured how much we all loved your dad! May God be with your family at this sad time! Al Udeen

Joe Savage

St. Paul, MN
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 8:29 am    

My sincere condolences to you and your family for you loss. He's resting easy now, in comfort.
God's Peace to you all,
Joe

Sue Hamilton

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 8:45 am    

Dearest Gayle,
Jerry was the love of your life. Cherish what you had and always remember that you'll meet again.

May God Bless,
Susie[/img]

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 9:06 am    

Jerry & Lefty at his benefit.......

We'll miss ya Bud.....

larry rose

Stanchfield,Minn
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 11:31 am    

In this world there are nice people and then truly nice of which Jerry was. His friendship will always be treasured by myself. His willingness to sit and give a person his time was fantastic. For all that don't know Jerry was also a heavy equipment operator
for many years and I have told in the industy that there was no better. What a man . Gayle and family, may God comfort you and yours in these hours and bless and keep you. Yours Larry rose

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 2:41 pm    

Jerome so sorry to get the news. Susie called me this morning and told me and I am just now reading the posts on the forum. Your dad was a great guy and fought a hard battle. If there was a man to be proud of it might just be him. God bless you and your family at this time. We will surely miss him and his laugh at our show in March and any of the others that we both attended.

Neil Lang

Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 2:55 pm    

Our deepest sympathy to the Dube family. When we first met Jerry, it felt like we had known him forever. He was that kind of guy. He was so easy to talk to and be around. We will miss him.

Neil & Barb Lang

Mark Wayne

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 3:44 pm    

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 8:07 pm    

Sad news for NEISGS. Jerry will leave a big void in our annual show. He was courageous and determined to make the trip to our show 3 weeks ago and be with his steel guitar friends. He played well at the friday night jam.
I know what the Dube family is feeling. Jerry would expect you to rejoice in the memories of his life here and look forward to the day when you'll be together again.
Dennis
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Burr Oxley

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2008 11:12 am    

Our sympathies to the entire Dube family on Jerry's passing.

He was always congenial, had a good word and a smile for people he met, and was a fascinating steel player. Nobody played "standards" quite like he did, and probably nobody will again.

We enjoyed his playing for the last 10 years since we began attending steel guitar jams, and always looked forward to seeing and hearing him.

May the Lord give you all comfort in this loss of a wonderful member of the steel guitar fraternity.

Roger Miller

Cedar Falls, Ia.
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2008 4:50 pm    

How do you discribe a man who has touched so many with his kindness and talent. I have a pic of Kathy with her head on Jerry's shoulder here in Waterloo, and Jerry's look on his face was of joy and serienity. We love you Jerry, God Speed.

Roger and Kathy Miller

Bill McRoberts

Janesville, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2008 6:02 am    

Jerome, Sorry to hear of the passing of Jerry. It was great to see him at the NEISG show last month. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.
Bill, Audrey & Billy

Jerome Dube

St. Francis, Minn. USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2008 6:57 am    

A heart felt Thank you to everyone,
The Steel Guitar Brotherhood is no Doubt the Best
Ever.

God Speed to Dad & All the other Brothers & Sisters whom have passed before him.

Thanks
Jerry

Albert Svenddal

Minneapolis, MN
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2008 8:35 am    

I certainly will miss Jerry and the jams. He was a good friend and a great player. Albert