The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Doug Campbell Benefit 20 Aug 2000
John Spooner

Omaha,NE,USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2000 11:26 am    

This is an open invitation for all friends of Doug Campbell on the forum. Doug has had a bout with cancer, and the band he was in after he transplanted himself from the south, The City Limit Band (Lincoln, Nebraska) and the Coyote Willys club are having a party to benefit Doug. (From the web site...The City Limit Band from Lincoln, Nebraska

SUNDAY AUGUST 20TH:

BENEFIT CONCERT FOR DOUG CAMPBELL!

The Master!

Featuring: The City Limit Band, Blackwater,
Sandy Creek, High Caliber, Cactus Hill and Full Choke.

Prior to joining The City Limit Band, Doug played with such country greats as: Conway Twitty, Merle Haggard, Ray Price, Willy Nelson and George Strait, to name a few. Doug's Steel Guitar playing/recordings ended up on over 150 albums and over 400 singles. Diagnosed with cancer Nov, '99 Doug had to give up what has been a part of his life for many many years. With the prognosis not good, The City Limit Band along with Ron and Bonnie at Coyote Willys and many of our close friends are organizing this benefit. The proceeds collected from the "door" and also a silent auction - of items donated by various merchants & individuals - will go to Doug, his wife Gerry and son John David, to help cover the enormous expenses they continue to incurr with this wicked disease. Please Join us!

At Coyote Willys - 2137 Cornhusker Hwy

This benefit event will begin at 3:00 P.M. and continue until we're done!

Six local bands will perform, and we hope to have Doug play as well, if he's up to it then. No matter where you are, plan to join us, make a special trip, to make this day a big one for this great Pedal Steeler and friend to all.

John Spooner
(the current Pedal Steel Guitarist for TCLB)
------------------
The City Limit Band from Lincoln, Nebraska www.mb3.net/theband/john/
Quote:
The secret of life: Don't sweat the small stuff, & it's all small stuff! ...(WWJD?)

[This message was edited by John Spooner on 28 June 2000 at 02:33 PM.]

John Spooner

Omaha,NE,USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2000 6:46 pm    

Just bringing this event back up to the top.
Thanks,

------------------
The City Limit Band from Lincoln, Nebraska
--
My lil' home page.
Quote:
The secret of life: Don't sweat the small stuff, & it's all small stuff! ...(& ask WWJD?)

John Spooner

Omaha,NE,USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2000 12:08 pm    

Just wanted to let everyone know, the benefit raised close to $10,000 for Doug and his family, and he wishes to thank all involved. There were alot of wonderful warm moments, along with the best moment for me when I got to play right next to Doug. Lost my place several times watching him play.

Thanks again.

------------------
The City Limit Band from Lincoln, Nebraska
--
My lil' home page.
Quote:
The secret of life: Don't sweat the small stuff, & it's all small stuff! ...(& ask WWJD?)