The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cakewalk Sonar version 8 is on pre-order today as of 9/25/08
Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2008 10:04 pm    

Check it out here I know some of you have been waiting for the release and it seems like it might be worth the 179.00 US for Sonar 8 PE and less for Studio version this time. Check out all the new features :-)There are plenty of them. Hopefully this post will be useful to some of you guys...... The link is for US customers only if you're from another country just copy all of the link except the "b2cus/" and it will take you to the main Cakewalk upgrade page good luck!

http://store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/

Big Bob

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2008 9:30 am    

Bob, I got that e-mail too. As I just (in the last couple of months) upgraded from Studio to Producer I'll probably hold off until they offer it at a deep discount, like they will do later.

I figured a new version was in the works when I got the low price upgrade offer for V7 Producer.

Craig Stenseth

Naperville, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2008 6:31 pm    

I skipped all of the versions between 1.3 and 6, I think I'm still good for a while. Still only using 5% of the capabilities of Sonar, it seems.

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2008 1:07 am    

Hey Jack, do yourself a favor and check on their web site but there is a good chance that you could get the new upgrade for free. I can't remember just exactly when you bought your upgrade but they do have a policy and I'm guessing here but possibly it's a 60 day free update policy. So check it out it would even be worth a call to Cake to see. Good luck I hope you can qualify for a free update to 8 Smile

your pal,

Bob

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2008 1:09 am    

Craig Stenseth wrote:
I skipped all of the versions between 1.3 and 6, I think I'm still good for a while. Still only using 5% of the capabilities of Sonar, it seems.

Hey Craig, I know what you mean but for some reason I'm a update junkie heheh I guess that's better than a drug or alcohol junkie..... well maybe not it's still expensive LOL! Good luck pal!

Bob

Craig Stenseth

Naperville, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2008 5:28 pm    

Bob Martin wrote:
Craig Stenseth wrote:

Hey Craig, I know what you mean but for some reason I'm a update junkie heheh I guess that's better than a drug or alcohol junkie..... well maybe not it's still expensive LOL! Good luck pal!

Bob

I'm open to getting version 8 if I start seeing people post about some new 'must have' features. Gotta upgrade my PC in the meantime too.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2008 5:11 am    

I just got a V8 Producer upgrade offer for $99.00 "because I recently bought Sonar 7 Producer" (which I got at a very reduced upgrade offer price). Seems they have quite a few variances in the price of their software products.

I wonder how many actually pay the full price for the software.

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2008 4:17 pm    

Jack Stoner wrote:
I just got a V8 Producer upgrade offer for $99.00 "because I recently bought Sonar 7 Producer" (which I got at a very reduced upgrade offer price). Seems they have quite a few variances in the price of their software products.

I wonder how many actually pay the full price for the software.

Very few Jack, I have been offered the same offer and will take it. For 99 bucks you get a lot. The Guitar Rig LE alone is worth it. You can obviously use Guitar Rig with steel it's one of the very best software amp and speaker emulators.

Bob

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2008 2:36 am    

Bob, glad to see you are back on the forum. I hope things will work out for you.

I'm going to take the offer too. I recently (two weeks ago) upgraded to Vista 64 and the new version has a lot of Vista 64 bit support.

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2008 2:54 pm    

Thanks Jack, I'm doing good and taking one day at a time Smile

Bob