The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A pair of NYC gigs
Jon Graboff

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2000 6:35 pm    

I've got a couple of gigs coming up here in the city for anyone dying to hear some pedal steel. On Friday, I'm playing with a real hippy country rock band called the Dark Horses. They're a little on the loud side, but I get to play about 85% of all fills and solos (for better or worse). We play at 10pm at Manatoba's on Avenue B between 6th and 7th streets. No cover!
On Wednesday August 30th, I'm playing with singer/songwriter Laura Cantrell at The Bottom Line on West 4th at Mercer. 2 shows (usually 7:30 and 10:30pm). Once again, I play 85% of the fills and solos and we're nice and quiet. Also on the bill is Jenni Muldaur (Maria's daugter) who asked me to sit in on a few tunes.
I'm recovering from hand surgery to fix a bad tendon, so wish me luck folks! If any of you show up, please say hi.

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2000 7:09 am    

Hi Jon, hope the hand is getting better. Lauras shows went well in Scotland.Look forward to hearing her next album, remember to keep it simple as i've got to try and play it over hear. Regards Malcolm

Jon Graboff

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2000 1:13 pm    

Malcolm,
Thanks. The hand is coming along more slowly than I'd hoped but I'm able to play steel just fine. No guitar as yet but working on my hand exercises....Jon