The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Just a Thought
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Just a Thought
Warren Cohran

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2008 4:18 am    

This was my first trip and I was blown away with all the great musicians . Never have I seen or heard such talented players gathered at one place.I was amazed at how well Tyler Hall played in the peavey room with Norm Hamlet Joe Wright and Tery Bethel. I am not gonna try to name everyone because Iam sure to leave someone out but everyone played great. Now to my thought .I didnt understand why Joe Wright that puts on such a great family style entertaiment with his comedy and super playing was schedule to play so late on sat nite(ACTUALLY LAST).He did not come on till after 12 midnite which to me seems like such a odd time seeing a lot of the young people and some of the old people have left. Personally I think acts like Joe Wright Al Perkins brings a fresh break in the show . ALSO Why do these guys only play once? I really think these guys need earlier time slots and at least play two days .I watched the crowd as Joe Wright performed and its a complete different atmosphere. All the laughing and him interacting with the audience was amazing even at the late hour he was playing .And Al Perkins really added something different and very good . Anyway JUST A THOUGHT. Question

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2008 8:17 pm    

Warren, I agree with you Joe is a big draw and I didn't get to see him either because of his time slot. But schudleing can be hectic and this year with Dolly, Barbara and Johnny, I'm sure Scotty had his hands full.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.