The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dayton Steel Show
Stoney Stonecipher

Knoxville, TN (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2000 6:40 pm    

Where is the Dayton Steel Show going to be held. I tried to E-mail Larry Self but it came back.

Paul Stertz

Pittsburgh,Pa. USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2000 3:38 pm    

Mr. Stonecipher, do you know the date(s) of the Dayton show? I would also like info on this show, maybe I'll be able to sneak away and make it to the show. Thanx.

Stoney Stonecipher

Knoxville, TN (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2000 8:32 pm    

The dates are June 30 and July 1. This is in Dayton, Tennessee, but I don't know the location.

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2000 7:04 am    

The Dayton Steel show is going to be held at the Mason's Lodge which is upstairs above Larry Self's music store on June 30th and July 1st. The address is 310 2nd Avenue, Dayton, Tn. Looking forward to a great show. Larry has some great steel players coming in and we're looking forward to seeing all out Tennessee friends. See ya next weekend.
...Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2000 4:12 pm    

Those of you interested in the Dayton, TN show, Roy listed the location and dates. The show starts at 6:00p.m. on Friday night and then again on Saturday at 2:00p.m. The show will probably run late both nights. As to players, John Hughey, Hal Rugg, Bobbe Seymour, Joe Wright, Jimmy Miller, Rob Parker and myself along with some local players. Also, Larry Self has added the professional touch to the show which makes it so enjoyable for us, the players, by bringing in a great backup band. Of course, my buddy, Roy Rosetta on piano (not keyboard, Roy is a piano player, not a programmer!), Ben Brogdon on bass (one of the best!), Ray Von Rotz (again a fabulous drummer). Thanks for the band Larry.

If you are in driving distance, you won't want to miss this one. Let's all support my friend, Larry Self, so this can become an annual event.

Herby Wallace

------------------