The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Thanks from the Caldwell's
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Thanks from the Caldwell's
Bobby Caldwell

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2008 1:28 pm    

Well another great show at the ISGC in St. Louis. I can't begin to tell you the highlights for me because there were so many. Everyone played so well and what fun it was to be on stage with all those great players. The staff band makes it so easy for me I just can't thank them enough. Roy Rosetta, Paul Polish, Ric Boyer L.T.Zynn, David "Puddin'" Russell, Jimmy Queen, Russ Wever,and "Big" Ben Brogden. They are one talented bunch of guys and I love everyone of them so much. A big thanks to John and Lynn Farrell for all their help. John you sounded good thursday playing bass behind all the steel players. A big thank you to Debbie Johnley. Thanks Deb for being you. To everyone who came by our both a visited with the cute blonde I thank you. To all of you who came to enjoy a weekend of great steel guitar music and fellowship, I thank you. Johnny Bush, well what can I say, you are one of my heros. Leona Williams is just too much. I love you guys. I am always a little sad when the show is over knowing a whole year will go by before I have chance to see some of you again. And Scotty you are the glue that makes this all happen. I can't say anymore about what you have done for the steel guitar that hasn't been said. I love you Scotty you are a dear friend. To Mary Scott and the Scott family, thanks for all you do, it does not go unoticed. Thank you all so much and the good lord willing we'll see all of you next year. Our love to all, Bobby and Linda

Bobby Caldwell

Post  Posted 3 Sep 2008 6:17 pm    

Forgive me as I forgot to thank Rob and Stoney for a job well done. Boy do those guys know steel guitar and its players. Thanks guys, Bobby

Danny Hammers

Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2008 6:37 pm     Glue

Scotty may be the glue that makes this all happen.

But I think your the glue that makes it all happen on that stage. I've watch you lead the band. WOW!
And your picking is second to none.

Danny and (now known as Leonard's Date) Patricia
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA

Paul Polish

Concord,NC,Usa
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2008 3:12 am    

Danny, You are 100% correct when you say Bobby is the glue that holds it all together on the bandstand. Bobby is leader and director of the band and I am darn glad of it.
I am so proud to be a part of this show. All of the staff band are truley great guys,as musicians and as people.
Thank You Bobby for all that you do for the show and all you have done for me.
And a special THANK YOU to Scotty and all of the people involved in putting on this great show.Way to many folks to try to name individually. I'm afraid I would leave someone out.. The Players, the Band, the Sound crew, the Mcee's, the people who work so hard to organize and put the show together and make it happen, to all of the wives and husbands that put up with us. But, most of all Thank You to all of the folks that take time out of their busy lives to come to these shows and allow us to do what we love to do. With out you folks there would be no shows.
Thank You, Paul

Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2008 4:43 am    

Mr Paul,
I totally agree with you and Mr Danny. I feel I am walking among greatness and topnotch talent with all you staff musicians on stage, and with the super players that you support, it is one great place to be.
I am so very appreciative of all of you, and I feel very honored to be a part of it.
My thanks for your support, talents,and expertise.
See you down the road at another show...probably Dallas.
Peace and good fortune, and safe travelling ..
RP...'come on in'...

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2008 8:03 am    

Just a quick note to concur with everything that has been said about Bobby and his leadership. I've been in the band, and what a great band of musicians these guys are, for twenty something years now and I totally agree that Bobby is the glue holding everything together on the bandstand. What a great player and leader. Bobby and Linda have been our dear friends for many, many years and for this friendship we are so blessed.
Bobby, we love you and Linda very much.
....Roy and Barbara

Egil Skjelnes

Meland,Frekhaug
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2008 10:48 pm    

Hello from Norway.
Me and Dag is back in Norway after a busy,but very nice trip to Nashville,St.Louis and Wahington D.C. It is always a pleasure to come to The Convention and see and hear all these great players,and meet people we have learned to know over the years.Several times we have had our own friends with us to help on stage,but this time we got the honor to play with the house band,and believe me,it is a pleasure to play with you Bobby,and Roy,and the rest of you guys,you always do a teriffic job,backing amateurs like us,or the pro`s.I am most thankful to all of you on stage,and I hope it`s not the last time!
With many good memories-Thanks.
Egil (& Dag).

Bobby Caldwell

Post  Posted 6 Sep 2008 2:05 pm    

Egil, I am so glad you and Dag made it home safe and sound. I do have to tell one thing. You and Dag's set was for from being amateurs. You are pros in every since of the word. The staff band and myself had a great time working with you. We all look foward to doing it again. You guys are great and I am proud to call you my friends. I am sorry we can't pick a few for a whole year. My best to you and yours and we love you guys. Bobby

Don Lanier

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2008 9:23 pm     Thanks

Thanks to all the Musicians who are so Professional at this show. We have a easy job getting it up and making it flow, you guys are such Pro's...

Bobby, Rob, Roy, Leonard, Paul, Jimmy Queen and all the staff players and pickers. Its an honor seeing you guys make this music, We thank all of you for letting us be a part of it,

I hope Big E comes back next year, and Paul Franklin, and the Spirits of the rest of the Steel Guitar family will gather in those long halls and rooms.
https://www.facebook.com/Pearlprocase