The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. St. Louis: I.S.G.C.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  St. Louis: I.S.G.C.
DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 May 2008 10:10 am    

This is the first posting I've made about the International Steel Guitar Convention held here in St. Louis August 28th 29th, 30, and 31st. We will have most of our regular players plus several new but superb players this year. Most all of the distributors have confirmed to be back with us plus several new ones. For extra excitment country music artist Johnny Bush has confirmed AND we have at least two confirmed "surprise guests". Neither one at this time has agreed to publish their names but they are two of the most popular artists ever!

We plan to have two teaching seminars this year. Joe Wright will conduct the E9th seminar 10:00 to 4:00 pm in the Jerfferson room D on Friday and DeWitt Scott plans to have a seminar on the C6th lap steel tuning in the Corondolet room. It will be on Friday from 9:00 to 12:00.

I've been out of contact with both hotels, the Millennium and Drury, so do not know if any rooms are available at this time.

Keep watch on our website www.scottysmusic.com for the most current information and more info will be added as we receive it.

See you in St. Louis,

Scotty

Gene Breeden

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2008 1:24 pm     Hello from Nashville, TN

Hello Scotty, hope you're doing great! The Steel show is a great thing and if I can get away from the studio I'll try to make it this year!

gbreeden2015@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/genebreeden
https://www.facebook.com/genesplacestudio/
http://www.reverbnation.com/genebreeden
http://www.myspace.com/gbreedenstudios

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 16 May 2008 1:26 pm    

This is the best Steel Guitar Show in the World! Thanks Scotty for hosting it!

GOD bless!

Terry Wood

Jim Taylor

Escondido California, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2008 7:13 pm    

The Millenium is sold out. When I searched on Drury I got a bunch of them in St. Loius. Is the closest on at 2 S.4th (4th and Market)?

Jim Taylor

Post  Posted 16 May 2008 7:39 pm    

The Drury Plaza Downtown is also sold out. I was able to find rooms at the Hyatt Regency St Louis Riverfront - thanks to Clive Swindell.

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 May 2008 7:50 pm    

Hi Scotty, Thanks for all you and your family do for the steel guitar community. GOD BLESS. Jody.

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 16 May 2008 11:14 pm    

I can only second that. Thanks so much, Scotty, for all the work you put into this.

I'll be back again this year, Hotel and flight is already booked and confirmed... Smile

Kind Regards, Walter

DeWitt Scott

Post  Posted 17 May 2008 10:32 pm     St. Louis Convention

Having both hotels sold out is always a good sign. Now we need all those people to send in their money for their badges!

I appreciate all the good things said about the Convention in St. Louis. I have known for many years that it takes more than just my family to make it a good one. The distributors that have rooms and have so many players that are not on the main show as well as many of the players that are on the main show performing in them - and that is now one of the drawing cards to get people to come to St. Louis. Plus the Peavey Pearl Production Sound crew helps plan for different ideas that I could never think of or afford...Doug Smith and Leonard T. Zinn handle the Hawaiian show - by the way, if the weather holds out it will be outside by the swimming pool this year - Jim Stahlhut runs the Jazz show - Bill Ferguson and his crew handles the CD recording - and now Stoney Stoneciper will have the help of Rob Parker doing the Emcee work. Of course, I will also be there to help out too. I lean on the staff band a lot. Most all of the band members have been with me for 30 years and it is them that keeps the music flowing smoothly and also helps relax the players. The talk and jokes that are heard on the bandstand keeps all concerned in a good mood.

With Johnny Bush being with us again this year, and don't forget we have not one BUT TWO Surpise Artists with us this year. We must have done something right all these years to keep the respect we have and be interesting enough to draw attention to the major country music artists as well. Thanks for all your kind words. It encourages us and gives us the needed strength to go on.

See you in St. Louis. Scotty

c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 May 2008 2:32 am    

Scotty; I have two reasons that I hope my health improves and one of them is so I can get back to the convention. Hope I can make it next year. Best wishes and thank you for all you do for steel guitar. cc

Don Lanier

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2008 8:41 pm     Scotty ISGC

Hey Boss havent heard much from you, I know your a busy man, it is with much anticipation I wait for August to roll around each your for the ISGC, its a lot of work, but the freinds Ive made there are worth more then the money( But Ill take the check) Ill be looking forward to Johnny Bush and I hope he brings the Big E back with him, sounds like the Big show just getting better and better and we always have a few new tricks for you, we look forward to seeing Bill and his gang of Merry Pranksters, the rest of the Staff from Stoney and Rob and everyone that makes this the most fun job Ive had in a while. It is with much adoration and respect that I feel blessed to hear the greatest musicians, and music in the world. It never hurts that Its my Birthday each year there and I have been surprised by several folks who have sent cards etc, Its truly the Greatest Steel show on Earth !!!
https://www.facebook.com/Pearlprocase

DeWitt Scott

Post  Posted 24 May 2008 12:59 pm     I.S.G.C.

FLASH! The Drury hotel is NOT SOLD OUT. They told me they have plenty of rooms at this time. To make your reservations call 1-800 325-0729 ISGC amd tell them you are with the International Steel Guitar Convention. See you in St. Louis! Scotty

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2008 1:54 pm    

"Bill Ferguson and his crew handles the CD recording "

Whew, is this all I have to do? Looks like I can relax a little this year. hehe

Just teasing, Scotty. Why heck, I've been in the sound booth so long, I can almost close my eyes and make it work.

Plus I have a good team and that is really what counts.

We always look forward to St Louis and our friends, yep, even Don Lanier that eats all our snacks Mr. Green

Bill Ferguson

Rick Alexander

Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 May 2008 3:29 pm    

I'll definitely be there, we're staying at the Drury.
They took real good care of us there last year.
Looking forward to the Hawaiian Gathering and to seeing everyone again!

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 5:55 am    

Scotty or anyone that might know:
If anyone gets room reservations, but doesn't get advanced admission reservations, is there a limited number of admission badges to purchase? I never know in advance how many will be attending and traveling with me. So, I reserve two rooms, but purchase admission at the door. I've never heard of anyone getting turned away at the door.??
Thanks,
Dennis
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 6:16 am    

It's like wailing without a wall if Buddy isn't with Bush. Smile
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

John Lockney

New Market, Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 11:35 am    

What's the deal with CD recording ? Are they available for purchase after the performances, or for archival purposes ?

Jim Taylor

Post  Posted 27 May 2008 8:42 am    

I was unsuccessful getting through on the toll free number, but I did get through on the local number - 314-231-3003. The difference was that this time I registered with the group (ISGC). I did not mention that before.

Thanks for the note Scotty!

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 27 May 2008 10:05 am    

Re: Recording. Audio recording is allowed and extensively done by the audience but no video recording is allowed.
There are several improved digital music recorders in the marketplace now...I suggest you buy/borrow one and make yourself some great audio recordings.

JB Arnold

Longmont,Co,USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 May 2008 5:32 pm    

Phew! Got my room at the drury

JB

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2008 6:00 pm     ISGC

Scotty , Thanks so much for all you and Mary and the family do to support our world of steel guitar. We truly appreciate it. Love, Buck & Mitzi Grantham

Red Kilby

Pueblo, CO, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 May 2008 6:13 pm    

Scotty, I 2nd what Buck and Mitzi say, thanks so much for everything You and Mary and your family do for The Steel Guitar community.

Can't wait until the show this year!!!

Thanks so much for making this singer part of the steel guitar family!!!!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2008 3:57 am    

Dennis: There is no limit to the number of badges you can purchase at the door.

John: Re CD Recording
The CD's that we record in the sound booth belong to Scotty and myself. They are not for sale.
However, I do provide several hookup's to my recording mixer on a first come, first serve basis. This way, you get the same mix we do.
Now the only stipulation is, once you hook up, you have to stay with your recorder or lose your spot. Sometimes people daisy chain off the back of recorders, so if one shuts down, it shuts down the entire chain and that is not fair to everyone.

Also, some people use "live" recorders with microphones. This is also good but you do get the room ambience.

Look me up in the sound booth if I can help you.

Bill Ferguson

Junior Knight

Eustace Texas..paddle faster..I hear Banjos...
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2008 12:45 pm    

This show is the*Grand Ole Opry* of steel shows!!

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar

David Hartley

Post  Posted 16 Jun 2008 8:10 am     Hi Scotty

I have been thinking about visiting this show this year. I had to make a decision today whether to cancel a gig and change my holiday etc.. Unfortunately, I cannot come this year. Thanks to the guys who offered me to share a room at the millenium. I will email you separately. I think I will have to save up and make 2009 instead.

David Hartley

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2008 12:54 pm    

Whose on the List to play this year?