The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  The Last Fender Guitar
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2014 10:55 am    

Here Is another one Of My Grandson Greg I'm proud of him he pays tribute in these picture to me .........I will see him on October 17th as he will be with all of our family to celebrate his birthday......... here is my Grandson again

Last edited by Jody Carver on 28 Sep 2014 12:16 pm; edited 17 times in total

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2014 10:55 am     The Mural Photo By Jody

Greg on top of the Mural

Last edited by Jody Carver on 30 Sep 2014 8:47 am; edited 13 times in total

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2014 11:15 am     I Started Both Carl and Greg Off Young Somers NY

A Tribute to Harld Pee Wee Resse

Number 1 Pee Wee signed his autograph for Them God Rest The Soul of Dodgers Captain Harold Pee Wee Reese NUMBER 1

Last edited by Jody Carver on 2 Oct 2014 10:22 pm; edited 13 times in total

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2014 11:15 am     Love

Love

Last edited by Jody Carver on 9 Oct 2014 8:37 am; edited 67 times in total

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2014 11:15 am     I need some Help

I need help composing this book. Marilyn was there to help me.and since she has gone home to a better place My daughter Lorrie can and will help in memory of her mom. Lorrie is multi talented and she's the best, My Daughter Marie Elena will help as well Sandy will help as well she was there. I memory of My Marilyn who I miss so very much. My entire family reads this Forum and we shall Overcome in Memory of My Dearest and sweetest Marilyn Our marriage was a Love Story and and although she will have gone home on November 14th 2004, I'll always be in love with her. And keep her close to my heart and she always be with me that way.ALWAYS and FOREVER!!!!

Marilyn Audrey Carver I'll never smile again Until I smile at you.. for those of you who were at the convention in 2004.............I played well below my usual and out of tune with the great band the late and Great Bobby Caldwell was saying go get em Jody you can do it as I looked at My Marilyn in the front row as she smiled at me with tears of happiness and said to the audience, I wasn't going to play this, and when a Skinny Young Italian boy from Hoboken Sang this with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra...I will find the link to that beautiful song and post it later on Jody Francis Carver Now http://youtu.be/il7DWoLySW8

Last edited by Jody Carver on 12 Oct 2014 11:24 am; edited 67 times in total

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2014 11:17 am     The Best Is Yet To Come

Lorrie and Marie....... you see Where You're mom is not the end because The Best is Yet To Come

Last edited by Jody Carver on 10 Oct 2014 7:51 pm; edited 35 times in total

Terry VunCannon

Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2014 2:32 pm    

It is so great to see you on the SGF Jody...everyone misses you here.

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2014 5:57 pm     September Song

Marilyn was beginning to slow down in September

Marilyn had, has as Middle Name it is

Audrey, Marilyn Audrey Carver Marilyn went home
on November 14th 2004 Marilyn always said to me, Jody If I Had But One Day I Would spend That Day with you......and she has, she's not gone per say as long as she's in the hearts of My Lorrie and and My Casey and My Marie and Hans and Carl Jody Sullivan and Greg Sullivan she will always be with us FOREVER and ALWAYS and last but not least Our Gift from God Our Colton and Tyler and Breeanne Lorrie Picked out a beautiful plot in small cemetery under a weeping willow tree in Somers New York and there we will again be together again Thank you Lorrie I love you always have and always will

When the time comes to take her urn that my daughter Lorrie made up for her mom and my Loving wife Marilyn...................this song will follow Marilyn.................. when I'm gone we will be together again. my plaque will read hence
Marilyn's Plaque will Read Marilyn Audrey Carver
2-16-32 11-14-2004
Jody Francis Carver

4-19- 29 until http://youtu.be/wte1uk4A5eU

Last edited by Jody Carver on 9 Oct 2014 4:17 pm; edited 17 times in total

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2014 8:07 am     When All The Things

When My Marilyn and myself were married I thought of what a beautiful song this was and she agreed
On the very day February 20 1954 Marilyn was mine
ALL MINE
and then Francis Albert performed this beautiful as it was the day My Marilyn was Mine all Mine...........
http://youtu.be/oQAzOyUAquw

Last edited by Jody Carver on 10 Oct 2014 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Peter Huggins

Van Nuys, California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2014 8:14 am    

Jody -
I think I can safely speak for just about everyone here when I say We Love You, We wish you the best for you and yours, and we hope you come back and say Hi once in a while. With profound respect and deep appreciation for all your contributions to Music in general, and the Steel Guitar in particular.

P.S. HOW ABOUT THEM DODGERS !

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2014 5:26 pm    

Lots of good wishes from this household to you and yours Jody.

Steelies do it without fretting

CLICK THIS to view my tone bars and buy——>

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2014 8:07 pm    

Bill I will always remember our friend Bob Galassi

Look at what you two sent to me when My Marilyn and myself were living in Somers New York and it was Christmas time God Bless the late Bob and his lovely wife Mara who went to god as well.
Bill is a NYC Retired Police Officer Bill is on the left side of this beautiful photo Bob is on his right and Bob was the owner of Ossining Music...........his dad Sal was a dear friend. this music shop had many famous musicians Peter Frampton Bucky Pizzeerelli

Tony Mottola Les Paul Herb Ellis Tal Farlowe Barney Kessell and many others.....................Bob never let me out of his shop without an order, he didn't really need anything as his shop was loaded with Fender, but he always wanted to give me an order regardless This was a Great store and he and his late Dad Sal treated their customers as family this today is not the rule Mom and pop and those days are forever gone It was and still is my favorite shop and these Memories will Forever Live in My HEART Bill God Bless you and call me I'd love to see you and we can talk about those good days.......Your always friend Jody- BTW Bob is on my book as the last Fender Guitar as he gave me a Stratocaster to give to a young man who was in his final hours, Marilyn was there as a patient I stayed in the room she was I tried to sleep as Nurse Nancy had a recliner for me did I sleep No It was in Northern Westchester Hospital Mount Kisco New York It was the Last Guitar I delivered and Bob gave it to me and didn't want me to pay for it, I took out my wallet he said Jody you took care of me as my favorite Fender salesman this one is my gift to you..what a wonderful Human being he was, he will always be in my heart along with his lovely wife Mara and his Dad Sal. The Last Fender Guitar will Happen and God Bless my dear friend Bob Thank you Bill. call me and we can relive those wonderful years together... Your Forever friend,
Jody-

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2014 5:22 pm    

George Keoki Lake wrote:
Jody has been in touch with me very recently. Like any project of this magnitude, he is encountering a number of discouraging problems which I'll keep confidential. Suffice to say, I strongly feel Jody will, and can write this book himself. He was there when the whole FENDER story came down. We'll just have to be patient and keep reassuring him of our full support. It promises to be a great book once it becomes available ! We're with you Jody !!!! Very Happy

Thank you George and please read your pm mail.. thank you......I have sent many...No I cant compose this book by myself, it takes two to tango and two to compose.... thank you..

Jody

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2014 11:01 pm     Mike Gross and Dave Van Allen

Mike it was yourself and Dave Van Allen who promoted the Hot Club Of America on his webpage , it would have been in moth balls had you to give it air play and promoting the HOT CLUB OF America. and thank you for airing my dads music and myself... as I've said many times before we know someone from Higgins Texas who said, there is Only One Mike Gross and how right he was....My Love to Susan and Jody Jennifer and all of your lovely grand children in my eyes and many others You are the Best of THE West Swingin West is by far the BEST....a historian and not a disc jockey Mike you know more about Steel players than anyone I've ever known..........My very best and again Thank you for all you've done for myself and my dad..and The Hot Club Of America is alive and well thanks to you....My friend Hank Pell and The Texas Panhandle band Jeff and Tyler really smoke those twin guitars they are great..I wont make the PSGA show this year but I'll stay in touch...and when you MC the show it is wonderful..........And thank you for remembering my Marilyn she thought so very much of Susan and yourself and that night we did your show and Susan and Marilyn were there we had a great time and thank you for the cd of Julia Steele with the Count Basie alumini produced by Sammy Benskin that was a real treat Some Ones Rockin My Dream Boat thank you for that.1955 Derry Records you sure can find them You have done myself and My Dad and My Marilyn Proud and for that I appreciate it more than you'll ever know...

I'll stay in touch and you do the same, Luv ya guy.

Your Forever Friend Jody-

My best to you because you are the BEST!!!!

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 6:20 am    

Deleted

Last edited by Jody Carver on 12 Oct 2014 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 6:23 am     The Last Fender Guitar

George that's not so more to come later

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 6:23 am     The Last Fender Guitar

George that's not so more to come later

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 4:20 pm    

Jamie O'Connell wrote:
I can't wait to read your book, Jody. I just got the HCOA CD a few months ago, but I am definitely a fan! That is one fantastic piece of work.
Jamie thank you however it's not my book its' Sandy and Richard and myself who will show the Forum members the True story I've been there and no the Author of this thread I owe the truth from myself and Sandy and Richard and not from someone who wasn't there . Mad
It will be told not hogwash I owe this to the Forum members and Sandy and Richard and to my Family
If I am thrown off of this Forum for telling the Truth that will be a sad day not for myself but for those who want the truth I will Happen Trust me
Thank you,

Jody-

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 4:32 pm    

George Keoki Lake wrote:
Jody has been in touch with me very recently. Like any project of this magnitude, he is encountering a number of discouraging problems which I'll keep confidential. Suffice to say, I strongly feel Jody will, and can write this book himself. He was there when the whole FENDER story came down. We'll just have to be patient and keep reassuring him of our full support. It promises to be a great book once it becomes available ! We're with you Jody !!!! Very Happy

I will address what you deem as Problems and

in Confidence That's so un professional to add this and I will handle that for the Forum members

Your not with me Mr. Lake.. I'm not with you sorry

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 4:32 pm    

George Keoki Lake wrote:

I will address what you deem as Problems and

in Confidence That's so un professional to add this and I will handle that for the Forum members

Your not with me Mr. Lake.. I'm not with you sorry

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 4:42 pm    

George Keoki Lake wrote:

My neighbor up the road from me is the one you

believe? he wasn't there and neither are you Sir George I pity you rather than scorn you

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 5:47 pm    

George Keoki Lake wrote:

Sorry it wontF happen it's my way or nothing at all

Frank Sinatra sang All Or Nothing at all

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 6:16 pm    

George Keoki Lake wrote:
"Who was that masked man, anyway ?" Very Happy Very Happy
The Lone Ranger

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 7:14 pm    

Any news regarding the book Jody ?

Steelies do it without fretting

CLICK THIS to view my tone bars and buy——>

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 7:21 pm     The Last Fender Guitar

Baz nothing is new...Georege Lake is wrong and shouldn'tbe posting, When I start the thread Bobby Lee closes it, besides Sandy will work with me on the book I posted the True story of The Last Fender Guitar, if you feel up to it, post and says Jody I'd like to know the truth and only you know that.

I'll leave that up to you, it will help me

Jody