The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  The Last Fender Guitar
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2007 11:12 am    

Hey JODY....The excitement is growing as you can see from this thread. Most of those whom I have known and have successfully published a book, tell me it's no easy task...something most of us will never experience. Anyway, we know you are working diligently on this project, hinting March "might" be the BIG month. We're all out here eagerly awaiting this publication which promises to be a real keepsake written by a guy who has "been there, done that". Very Happy

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2007 3:11 pm     The Last Fender Guitar

Don Sulesky thank you

Last edited by Jody Carver on 12 Oct 2014 5:41 pm; edited 50 times in total

Jamie O'Connell

Medford, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2007 3:16 pm    

I can't wait to read your book, Jody. I just got the HCOA CD a few months ago, but I am definitely a fan! That is one fantastic piece of work.

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2007 4:51 pm     Yes I was there Not Mr Lake

Yes, I hope and know it will happen the Last Fender Guitar is a great read The True story will be posted later Mr Lake had NO right in doing this

I was there He was NOT!!!! I have the flash drives and he has not

Last edited by Jody Carver on 12 Oct 2014 11:03 am; edited 99 times in total

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2007 5:12 pm     Deleted

I believe many of you are aware of my deleting.. this time of year is something that is very dear to my heart........I feel good but also have to live on and on.. there will be a time when all of us will have that, and it's something that you'll never ever forget and don't try too..

The Knight Of Love!!!

Last edited by Jody Carver on 2 Oct 2014 2:10 pm; edited 18 times in total

Kenny Foy

Lynnville, KY, USA
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2007 8:16 pm    

Well, Well, Well. Mr Tweed I'm glad we're finally getting somewhere. I thought you mite not get this done before I crossed on over. But I'm glad this is finally coming to a head. People, this is the book to have. Knowing Jody for a few years and with our long conversations I have got to hear a few of the stories in this book. And I for one am excited about this book's conclusion. So keep typing Jody and GET 'R' DONE. I'll give you in a few days to make sure you're not slacking.

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2007 8:35 pm     Smiley My Marilyn and Kenny

Kenny. I'm sure you will be pleased at what you will read The last Fender Guitar is announced on this Forum and I will not do it.because I had help from others.. My love to Dora. your friend Jody-

Kenny remember that day in Saint Louis when it was September 4th when My Marilyn had a short time to live and I said to you. Kenny I know this is the last time you will see My Marilyn...Smiley was there as well.................. here it is Smiley and yourself made My Marilyn happy and for that I thank you and Smiley Roberts we had a good time in spite of the fact that is was close to the end and My Marilyn knew it, she was brave and stood up to kmowing she had only two weeks to go home... thank both of you you will always be my friends

Last edited by Jody Carver on 12 Oct 2014 4:20 am; edited 49 times in total

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2007 9:59 pm    

Hi Jody...The "story" of Noel Boggs and myself was posted on the Forum about a year ago. Most know the story by now. As with everyone on this thread, I am counting the days to publication date. However, I am certain this project is causing you many problems of which most of us are unaware...these things happen as Andy Volk will probably confirm. Main thing...don't give up on the project Jody...Finish it as best you can. Whatever you write will make for fascinating reading. Keep up the good work !

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2007 10:15 am     Quad Steel Guitar

There is an Italian expression keep you enemies close and your friends closer You were Closer

Can you dig it

Last edited by Jody Carver on 12 Oct 2014 11:07 am; edited 26 times in total

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2007 7:53 am    

Just bumping this topic to the top, if only to keep JODY on his toes ! MELE KALIKIMAKA to Jody and everyone on the Forum. Let's hope the new year will see "THE LAST FENDER" emerge as a reality Very Happy

Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2007 1:55 pm    

Quote:
"Sandy and myself have some additional material for those of you for have waited so long for our book."

Jody, that reminds me that I've been waiting for my copy of your book since we first began talking about it way back in the year 2000. Very Happy

Seriously, I'm happy that you are finally close to publication and I'm hoping that my autographed copy is still on your original list.

Take care my friend, and keep your powder dry!

Gene

Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2007 1:25 pm    

I am looking forward to this great peice of history.

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2007 6:56 am     Thank YOU!

Scott, thank you so much....it will happen and I will not post on this Forum...but not until it's in print. what what Sandy and I need needed is a publisher who can read the contents and have and open mind and not change the text. It is what it is and I think it's super and will stay that way

Thank you again

Jody

Last edited by Jody Carver on 12 Oct 2014 11:09 am; edited 35 times in total

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2007 10:22 pm    

Jody has been in touch with me very recently. Like any project of this magnitude, he is encountering a number of discouraging problems which I'll keep confidential. Suffice to say, I strongly feel Jody will, and can write this book himself. He was there when the whole FENDER story came down. We'll just have to be patient and keep reassuring him of our full support. It promises to be a great book once it becomes available ! We're with you Jody !!!! Very Happy

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 11:13 am     The Last Out Post

I' would like for all of you who posted, and have posted nice things about my friends and family and most of all my family. There has been often times that My Marilyn would tell me..Jody, don't post on the Forum, spend more time with me......I didn't do as Marilyn had asked.God Bless Her Sweet Soul .........My daughter Lorrie who I love so very much, My Daughter Marie, who I love so very much as well. Hans who I love and proud of..Casey who I love and I'm Proud of as well. Tyler who I'm proud of and love him as well Greg and Bree who I love and I'm so very PROUD of Your Poppy- ...I'm PROUD OF ALL OF MY FAMILY....... My Grandson Carl Jody Sullivan who I'm most PROUD of as well. I Love all of my family, always have and Always will..TODAY Is My Grandson Carl Jody Sullivan's Birthday and I wish him the very Best God Bless You, I'm so Very PROUD Of You Your Poppy-
And My good friend Blake Hawkins who is a fine steel player, I thank Blake for being my friend.And another fine steel player and a good friend My friend Ron Brennan Blue Skies Ron!And Both Blake and Ron use Fender Tweed amps and Blonde steel guitars, and they sure can them play them, Gentleman prefer Blondes and that's what they have! :)And Tommy Dodd and Donna I thank you for that nice photo that is on the wall in our bedroom of Marilyn and myself embracing at the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame, Hey I think I'd Like to buy one of those T shirts they sure look cool And Brad Bechtel who helps keep me out of trouble whenever I need help Hey Brad where are you and sure enough he's always there for me, he is one nice guy. ommy White a Great Steel Player Bob Hempker another great steel player I could name many more Chas Smith Mike Johnstone who helped Joaquin Murphey during his final days and he is a fine human being to do that, we can be proud Mike and we are,Thank you Mike for all you've done!
I have a Great Grandson Colton who I love so very much. I have a beautiful home that Marilyn and myself bought................I would like to re-locate and move closer to my family to enjoy whatever time I have left, I'm in good health Thank God......If I don't sell this house, I will rent it and buy a home closer to my loving family My sister Jamie who resides in Woodhaven Sandy knew my sister and she would take her to Coney Island beautiful gal that sings so very well and plays a Fender Wildwood Coronado Guitar she too knew Mr. Randall and Mr. Stan Compton as they have visited Marilyn and myself when we all lived in Woodhaven. NY...... I want to fulfill my promise to My Dear Marilyn and to my beautiful and wonderful family.I will not post again todays date is October 5th 2014, this thread is old and there are many that posted and those who have, I appreciate their comments however the time has come that I will always be a member of this great Forum, that bOb lee has provided for Steel Players......I thank him and those who made this possible.being a member doesn't mean I have to post
And To My good friend Joey Ace who was at my home in PA on Feb 7th and survived are arrived in snow storm and had me sign his seat he met My Marilyn, that was a compliment he consumed as mamy meatballs as the Late Ron Lashley Senior Bob Maickel I owe so very much to him, he refers to me as his mentor and I know he is my mentor and a dear friend he knew My Marilyn very well we have been friends since 1953 when he bought a Fender pedal 1000 and was on the nominating Board of the Steel Guitar hall of fame thank you Bob and he will always be a dear friend to myself and my family thank you Bob and Herb Steiner And Thank you Scotty for helping me thank and thank for your vote Tom Bradshaw, The Late Winnie Winston as well I thank all of you for your being so very kind, I didn't feel worthy of being inducted as there are many more, with much more talent than I have and there will be others Joe Wright... another Great Steel Player...Gene Jones another fine steel player Casey calls him Cowboy Gene he is a good friend and I thank him for his friendship
And with all due respect to those who have posted, I thank you from the bottom of My Heart.....If and when the book is published I will have someone other than myself Post it for me and speaking of bOb who wrote me many years ago as I was posting long stories he wrote Have at It Jody, and there has been a mention by many on this Forum, that bOb should be recognized for being inducted into the Hall of Fame and should be, bOb is is the Owner of this ballpark
We are his players thank you bOb Your friend Jody, bOb is the Steel guitar Forum thank you for putting up with my antics and long stories I would have never been able to post that of which I have and I for one, you have my vote for that you deserve that Honor..very much so

My very best to all of you..... and my sincere best wishes and continued good health....to all of you on this STEEL GUITAR FORUM It is the BEST!!!!

Jody- PS What Keoki posted which he deems as being confidential is that I sent him pm that was considering leaving this Forum and that he has a friend who is not my friend posted and then closed the thread..I tried to have bOb open for me and bOb sent me an email that he was not able to as I Jody Carver was not the Author I wanted to have it opened so I could correct what I asked to be closed and yes I am sorry that I asked it to be closed....................I have learned much from My Dad and From Mr. Randall, Jody, as he and my dad said , there are two kind of people, a Thief you can watch but a compulsive Liar. you'll never know the Truth.

Amen............ God Bless my mom Marie Carver and My Dad Frank Zeb Carver and I know I will see them again when I go to that Cowboy Camp Meeting in The Sky!!!! And God Bless My Marilyn who will be with me as we have a special place in Somers New York where we will be together again, My Mom and Dad and Mr. Donald Dean Randall and Mrs. Jean Randall and Clarence Leo Fender Stan Compton and Mr. Vincent Sullivan and Dorothy Sullivan parents of My Grandsons Greg and Carl they were dear friends of both My Marilyn and myself. and my friend The Late Rick Alexander who would have known Of Jody Carver if it were not for Rick.Speedy West Roy Lanham Jimmy Bryant Alvino Rey Noel Boggs John Cucci Augie Lamonte George Nida Bobby Caldwell Mike Cole John Koladish My friend Buddy Guida Tom Morell Bobbe Seymour Jerry Byrd Teresa Brewer Bob Theile who produced The Hot Club Of America Beloved Husband of my dear friend Teresa Brewer.Tom Walker Forrest White Chuck Story and Eleanor Story Smokey Martin.Ernie Ball Elton Britt Rosalie Allen Chet Atkins Guy Mitchell Mike uncle of Santo And Johnny Harold Rhodes,Synthia Rosenthal beloved wife of Charles Rosenthal Fender advertising man who is my dear friend and he is still with us God Bless My Marilyn's mom Marie Fink and Marilyn's sister Dorothy Fink! and her Dad John Henry Fink I will see them again in the Beautiful COWBOY CAMP MEETING in THE SKY!!!God Bless John Bechtel and Billy Tonneson and Roy Ayres and Fred Shannon My Teacher The Great Joe Monte Maurice Anderson Hal Rugg John Hughey Herby Wallace Bobby Bowman and all the Steel Players, Jack Smith, Joaquin Murphey Vance Terry, Slim Idaho. we've loved and lost on this Great Forum from someone I've recorded with and been on his Television weekly show.Many Times Ken Carson.way back when in 1953.....My late and Great friend and god bless My dear friends Tommy Clayton and Roy Ackron who are pictured with my late Dad on this Forum I miss them Cowboys Camp Meeting will take place when I'm gone home I will however be with My Marilyn when I'm gone, we have a nice place in Somers Mew York where we will be Together Again.
http://youtu.be/NIzDRn2Plk4
Mr.Perry Como..... I did my First ever TV show and Sandy was with myself and my Dad Frank Zeb Carver God Bless His sweet soul..I was Proud and so was Sandy and my dad.God Bless the sweet souls of Mr. Bernie Miller and Mrs. Rose Miller!

Jody-The Knight Of Fender Tweed- God be with all of YOU! And Those You Love!!! May The Light Of God Shine Upon You FOREVER!
Cool Smile

Last edited by Jody Carver on 12 Oct 2014 12:13 pm; edited 422 times in total

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2008 11:55 am     If I Had My Life To Live Over

If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all over again. I've had a great life and my family and good friends on this Forum will appreciate the effort put into this project. It will happen.......mark my words but not until I post it on This Forum and not before it is at this juncture!

Last edited by Jody Carver on 2 Oct 2014 2:36 pm; edited 17 times in total

Ron Victoria

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2008 6:48 am    

Come on Jody, you can finish it. Sit down at the keyboard with a glass of merlow and have some Santo & Johnny playing on the cd. Don't make me have to call Sandy. Good luck!!!

ron

John Bechtel

Nashville, Tennessee, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2008 4:02 pm    

“When the fruit is ripe, it will drop”! “We will not harvest anything, before it's time”!

Last edited by John Bechtel on 6 Jan 2008 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hank Pell

New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2008 4:04 pm     The Book

I speak to Jody about two or three times a week on the Pellaphone,& From Listening to what he has to say,about the Book, Sandy & Jody are into something good here. Thank God ,Jody,& Sandy, This Book Will Be a must for All Bookologist's.& Steelologist's Too. Jody, Send one out to my Favorite Steel Player, Don Helms.

Dan Carey

Mahopac N.Y
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2008 7:45 pm     The Last Fender Guitar

I spoke to Jody last night he forgives those he may have offended or hurt he is that kind of friend................his comment to me was, Dan I forgive those who I may hurt and I ask you post
what I hsve asked you to post this on the Forum I agree the Bobby Lee should be considered for the Steel Guitar Hall Of Fame Jody, why don't you contact Scotty and mention that that as he is most deserving of that honor ....... Jody is a man with appreciation for all on the Forum he regards as his friends and that I'm proud of...he is my friend and always will be It is My choice and not Jody's to add this as he is humble he is hurting over those people the steel Guitar Forum that have passed on he will not post again and that is sad,he misses Marilyn and so does Jody's family, I live close to Lorrie and she told me Jody is having a most difficult time.... and lets hope that Bobby Lee gets the recognition he deserves the Honor....I call Jody almost every day, He misses Marilyn

Dan

www.jodycarver.com

Last edited by Dan Carey on 12 Oct 2014 4:12 am; edited 52 times in total

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2008 9:22 pm    

I think that Sandy's going too easy on you!!!!....spare the rod and spoil the writer

Hey Sandy.....crack the whip and get this boy writin'.......I'll be getting on the bus for half price by the time this book comes out.....

Seriously, I look forward your book and know that these things do not finish overnight, especially with the hardships you have encountered over the past several years......I also am proud of what you have also accomplished along the way......The Hall of Fame, The Jerry Byrd Fender at the PSGA Show with your entire family in attendance to witness your standing ovation,.....and finally, your book, The Last Fender Guitar

Like the famous song....Someday My Prints Will Come......and so will your book......and I'll be waiting for it......maybe in the bathroom so just slip it under the door...... Very Happy

can't wait my friend........

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2008 5:50 am     Deleted

Howard thank you, good speaking to you a few weeks ago. will always remember you were at the services to represent the Forum members. thank you for that...you remember I broke down and My granddaughter Casey came up to me and said

Poppy you can do it. well Casey is a big girl now and BEAUTIFUL and had a baby boy. she was married a year and then Colton was born on December 6 2013

Thank You Casey and thank you HOWARD!

I'm a GREAT Grandpa and PROUD of it...it's the only thing great about me Smile

Last edited by Jody Carver on 3 Oct 2014 5:39 am; edited 19 times in total

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2008 6:11 am    

Not only is this book long-awaited, as many have testified here, but I believe it is an important historical document that must be published. Jody, my man, I send you and Sandy my best regards and strength to finish up the book soon; history (and your eager audience) awaits you!

Jimbeaux

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2008 6:40 am    

Jody, will your book include any photos?

Mike Gross

Manchester, Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2008 10:01 am    

Jody,

Thanks ever so much for letting me know that this thread was on the Forum. With all that has been going on these days I usually limit myself to only one or two sections of the Forum and have to be led anywhere else. Also, thanks for your comments on my rejuvenation of the Hot Club of America with radio airplay. If I was a help, as you say, it was all my pleasure.

I, as many of the others can not wait for this book to become a finished product. Your contributions to and knowledge about Fender are world known. This is a gem that we are all waiting to see completed.