The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Drum Machine
Richard Paul

Iowa USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2007 8:39 am    

To practice with, I'm looking for some good traditional counrty sound track, waltz, shuffle, ect. I have a Alesis sr-16. Any good tracks you now of. At 70 now I need all the help I can get. Sure enjoy the Forum, should have had it years ago. What a blessing, Richard

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2007 2:59 pm    

If you're not already using it, I would get Band In A Box. It is easier to use than most drum machines, costs very little more, if any, and you can have thousands of songs in your libraries with not just the drums, but a complete backup band. I don't know how I ever practiced without it.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Richard Paul

Iowa USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2007 6:35 pm     Drum muchine

Thanks Darwin. I'll look into the band in a box. Looks like we may have the same guitar. MSA 3x4 12 Vintage Xl Ser No. 1C6573. Reece said mine was made in 82and it's Red. Thanks for the info.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2007 7:02 pm    

Hi Richard, my MSA pictured in my signature is actually a Classic SS, around a '77. I love these MSA's. I also have a Legend, a Millenium, a Superslide, and just recently ordered a Studio Pro.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2007 7:16 pm     BB question

I was just wondering fellas,,what is the latest version of the BB & does it contain any 4/4 shuffle beats?
Thanks Smile