The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Resophonic Guitar seminar at Common Ground
Dave Giegerich

Ellicott City, MD, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2005 5:14 pm    

While I'm out of lurk mode...

Common Ground On the Hill will offer beginning and master classes in Resophonic Guitar again this year. The camp runs from July 4-8 and is held at McDaniel College in Westminster, MD. Mike Auldridge will teach a one day seminar and we’ll have a field trip to nearby Hagerstown to visit Paul Beard’s Resophonic Guitar shop. I’ll be teaching daily classes - 2 periods in the morning for all levels and 1 period in the afternoon covering advanced techniques. The interests of class members will determine much of what we cover in the afternoon class, but I hope to include the following:

Arranging tunes for reso with an emphasis on playing the melody
7 & 8 string techniques
Fiddle tunes
Playing in a variety of styles (both within the bluegrass genre and outside of it, such as swing, blues and Hawaiian)

In addition to lots of music classes, Common Ground offers classes in a variety of other fields and has a children’s program which makes for a good camp to bring the family to.
The week ends with a 2 day festival featuring many of the instructors as well as national acts. The headliners this year are Hot Tuna with Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady and Barry Mitterhoff.
For more info on the classes feel free to e-mail me at hulamonsters@comcast.net, call me at 410-465-2864 or visit their website at http://www.commongroundonthehill.com/
Thanks,
Dave Giegerich

[This message was edited by Dave Giegerich on 13 June 2005 at 06:15 PM.]

[This message was edited by Dave Giegerich on 13 June 2005 at 06:17 PM.]