The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  You can now upload photos to the SGF for use on our forums
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2007 4:55 pm    

One of the most requested feature improvements for the SGF is the ability to have us host your photos, instead of having to host them elsewhere. Another question that frequently arises about images embedded in ads or topics is concerning the maximum width allowed before a horizontal scrollbar appears in most browsers and how to resize them to fit.

Your requests have now become reality, as of March 13, 2007, with the forum's own image upload feature. See this topic from b0b for more information.

In a nutshell, whenever you Post a topic or reply to one, you will see a new button labeled "Upload Picture." You must allow popups from bb.steelguitarforum.com to use the upload feature. There is more discussion about this feature on the forum feedback section.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Last edited by Wiz Feinberg on 20 Dec 2009 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2007 11:17 am    

Wiz, this is terrific!
I just used this new function and it works like a charm and is quite easy to use.
I was about to post a request for help, as ever since the for-um went to the new software I've been unable to get photo's hosted on my AOL space to appear in posts.
Dare I ask, and I realize they are, in general, larger filesizes, but do you forsee the for-um being able to host soundfiles such as mp3 (hint, hint Wink )?
Thanks,
~Russ

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2007 2:49 pm    

I don't think that our bandwidth could support 50 people downloading MP3 files at once and maintain a reasonable speed.