The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  More VST Plugins For Free
Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2007 9:41 am    

Hi Guy's, I got this link from another forum I'm on (Cakewalk Sonar) and the ones I have tried rival their paid for counterparts. I was very surprised at the high quality of the ones I tried. There are way to many to list but if you are in need of a good reverb, compressor,master mix down limiter, chorus, flanger and on and on. Give these a try.

http://free-plugin-list.com/free-vst-plugins.php?mode=cat&show_cat=2

As always please check every download with an antivirus app. I have no reason to say this other than common sense. Everything I have download had no viruses and they were all high quality plugins.

The biggest questions folks ask why would these folks give these high quality plugins away. My answer and it's only a guess is they are trying to get in the business of selling plugins and they want to get their name spread around a little and almost no on will buy products from someone with no track record. So I believe in a few months or maybe a year or so you'll find these same plugins on line for sale with improvements and the author is hoping those of us that tried the free ones will jump on the newer and improved ones and pay for them. Just a guess it has been known to happen in this industry many times over. Enjoy

Bob

C. Christofferson

Post  Posted 9 Feb 2007 12:29 am    

Bob, ... Idea ... Very Happy ...I started with the Hammond / Leslie and the Rhodes. Both just awesome.

Last edited by C. Christofferson on 9 Feb 2007 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2007 4:55 pm    

Thanks. I normally don't go for the free ones because they usually suck. But that 31 band EQ looks interesting. Sometimes I just don't feel like messing with a parametric EQ.

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Jim Peters

St. Louis, Missouri, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2007 3:09 pm    

I have used these with great success. They are reliable and sound very good, and are easy to use. Good luck! JP

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2007 3:18 pm    

I saw those on a cover DVD in the last Computer Music Magazine. Thought about trying the graphic EQ just to see how it sounds. What do you think of it?

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Steinar Gregertsen

Arendal, Norway, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2007 3:47 pm    

I really like the Kjaerhus plugins, I have both the free ones and their "Gold" EQ and Chorus/Flanger - they're about the only ones I use besides my UAD card/plugins. The free Kjaerhus Classic Delay is still my main delay..

Steinar

Jim Peters

St. Louis, Missouri, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2007 8:08 am    

I use the master limiter as a final step before burning a cd, the preset works very well. I also master with the eq, use it before the master limiter. JP