The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Country Guitar Player Needed - Chicago
Kevin Skomsvold

Chicago, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2007 8:28 am    

I'll be leaving our band, Tin Horse, in the middle of March. Would you like to replace me? I have far too many family commitments to keep up the hectic pace. We have a showcase in Nashville in April and a ton of other stuff scheduled so you'd be able to enhance your wallet in the process. The ideal candidate would be:

Someone who can play the guitar; old and new country (current hits and oldies).

Can read Nashville charts (again, not required but makes things easier if you do).

Can sing backups (not required but would be nice).

Know a second instrument (again, not required but desired).

Can commit to at least one rehearsal per week (more depending on upcoming shows).

Can learn quickly.

You will be paid cash. We don't play for hot wings and free beer since this is a business (although food is nice and is part of our rider).

Email me if you think you'd be a good fit. Our band is Tin Horse (tinhorseband.com) and we want you!

Jory Simmons

Elkhorn, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2007 1:30 am     Available

Hey Kevin. I emailed you a couple of weeks ago. I recieved an answer from your manager, then never heard from him again. I am a steel player and double on lead.. I have pro gear and good transportation, and live close to chicago. ( lake geneva area.) My Mother lives in skokie and I can base out of there if I need to. I am looking for a gig so call me. I'm 56 and have been playin for 40 years, and I can't stand these little bar bands any longer. I don't have a day job...I play music for a living. Call me! Jory 262 642 5630