The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Band in a Box on a Lap Top
Larry Leek

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2007 12:34 pm    

Hello anybody, out there can answer my questin, I have a dell 1505 Inspiron Lap top,with 2007 Band in Box. Is it ok to play my music out the head phone plug, to a amp or p.a.? or both at the same time? Or is there a better way. Thank You

Gary Lee Gimble

Fredericksburg, VA.
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2007 3:30 pm    

Larry, the head phone output works well with either application you've suggested although I've never seen an amp and P A used at the same time. Your P A doesn't have a monitor?

Johnny Baldwin

Long Beach, California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2007 3:39 pm    

Larry:
I also have a Dell laptop. Because the stock sound card in the computer it is not the top of the line quality. I simply attached a Soundblaster external unit, about $75.00, (via USB)to the computer. The Soundblaster unit has audio out and can easily be linked to an amp to P.A. I also have attached a 300GB external hard drive to my computer to store all my music endeavors. I hope you have the BIAB new version with "real drums". It's awesome! Have fun.

Larry Leek

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2007 4:27 am     Lap Top

Thanks for the input guys, I may have to look at a sound Blaster,is there a Brand ? Yes I have real drums, and love it. I,m thinking about Karoke Plus as a Gig. Do you think that Band in a Box is Quality enough, or would you use Karoke disc or files for music?maybe both.

Johnny Baldwin

Long Beach, California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2007 8:35 am    

http://www.soundblaster.com/
BIAB can create a playlist, but I would convert a BIAB to a Wav or MP3 file and then create a playlist. The upside with BIAB is you can change tempo and key on the fly. With a Wav or MP3 file you're stuck with whatever you converted. There are some programs/applications out there that are programmed specifically for live performances. Check the 'Net.