The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Senator Ted Kennedy
Michael Johnstone

Sylmar,Ca. USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 6:36 pm    

I was wondering where they got all those knuckle draggers from the shallow end of the gene pool to show up at Sarah Palin rallys and those people wearing guns showing up at town hall meetings with signs that say "Keep guvmint out of my bidniss". I guess they got 'em right here on the forum.
Well all I know is that he was trying to change things for the better for guys like me that can't get health insurance at any price because I've had cancer and Hep C. Hopefully his vision will come to pass and babbling madmen like Hannity,Beck,Limbaugh and their braindead followers will soon die off. This country will be a much saner place then. RIP Ted Kennedy.

Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 6:40 pm    

Guys,

Wrong time, and certainly the wrong place.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 6:46 pm    

Jim Hartley wrote:
Guys,

Thank you, Jim.

Yes, would you show up at someone's funeral and start shouting your derogatory comments, just because you believe it to be the "Truth"? No matter what you think, the funeral is the wrong place and wrong time, as Jim sanely notes above. Think of this thread as Senator Kennedy's funeral.

Frank Estes

Huntsville, AL
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 6:55 pm    

I hope they do find a cure for cancer and I hope they find a cure for drowning, too.

The leftists have been far more cruel and unfair when a conservative has died, so cut the whining when people actually want to set the record straight as the left goes way over-the-top in praising this self-absorbed liberal.

It is quite humorous how you liberals cannot analyze facts very thoroughly and then you have the nerve to quote the Bible, rather incompletely, when you clearly do not believe in it or know it.

The "he without sin cast the first stone" was in regards to a real stoning that was about to take place because the Law required the man and the woman caught in adultery to be stoned. The man was not brought before Jesus, only the woman. The men who brought her were trying to entrap Jesus and He demonstrated mercy. The rest of the scripture that often gets left out: where are thine accusers? Neither do I condemn thee, GO AND SIN NO MORE.

Stating the facts of Ted's record is hardly a stoning.

There is no way we should give Teddy a pass because of the tragedies he saw in his family. No one seems to care about Mary Jo, who has been dead for 40 years. What about the loss her family experienced? I am convinced he never came clean on this one.

Teddy did some despicable things in regards to Judge Bork and Judge Clarence Thomas. These are fine men who deserved better than Teddy gave them. Teddy was not a very nice man.

This idea that Teddy gave his wealth away to help the poor and disadvantaged is delusional. The left only does things to get more power and buy votes.

A quote about his record:
"He was a champion for abortion, later on a champion for same-sex 'marriage' and the pushing of the homosexual agenda in our public schools," he points out. "That's a very sad legacy."

Those innocent unborn matter!

Regardless of all the accolades the media may heap on Teddy, we can be sure that he is appearing before the Righteous Judge Who knows all and cannot be spun and deceived. The rich and poor alike will have to give an account for their deeds, unless they are under the Blood of Christ.

We should all take this time to consider our own mortality and standing with God.

Frank Estes

Huntsville, AL
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 6:56 pm    

This is not a funeral.

Jeff Hyman

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 7:00 pm    

Jim Cohen wrote:
Jim Hartley wrote:
Guys,

Thank you, Jim.

Yes, would you show up at someone's funeral and start shouting your derogatory comments, just because you believe it to be the "Truth"? No matter what you think, the funeral is the wrong place and wrong time, as Jim sanely notes above. Think of this thread as Senator Kennedy's funeral.

This forum is the wrong place and wrong time for a political thread. This forum is not Ted Kennedy's funeral. I'm sure Mr. Kennedy would not want to impose on anyones freedom of speech. Larry is entitled to his opinion weither others agree or not. This is a thread that should be closed IMHO.

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 7:04 pm    

Frank Estes wrote:
This is not a funeral.
No, it's NOT. It's blatant disrespect of the Gone Home section.

Closed.
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com