Author Topic:  Jody Cameron / Texas Steel Guitar School
Gale Huey

Frisco, Texas USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2007 3:11 pm    

Should have listed this here first...

TEXAS STEEL GUITAR SCHOOL
Presented by
Jody Cameron

I want to take this opportunity to tell of my experiences while attending the Texas Steel Guitar School that is offered by Mr. Jody Cameron. Jody and Mr. Waymon Moore held the school in Waymon’s home, Lake Jackson, Texas. The day I arrived, I received the most perfect welcome from Jody and Waymon. I was very comfortable the moment I stepped inside the door and the music room. The facilities were First Class, comfortable in every way possible. The week in couldn’t have started any better.

About the classes:

One of the most important things to me about the class was when Jody jumped forward in the curriculum to teach us and add a 7th chord to the progression we were working on. Having the ability to be flexible and teach at the same time is a great gift, and Jody shared that with us. He knew something was missing and immediately took care of it. That small extra chord, a 1 7th was a sound that made everything else come together. From the first afternoon in the classroom, I believe Jody took us to the top of our learning curves and held us there for the remainder of the classes. His teaching style is by far, one of the best I have ever seen.

Jody, Waymon, Thank you so very much for your time and your patience.

The best to both of you,

Gale Huey

Don Walworth

Gilmer, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2007 6:21 am    

I purchased my PSG at last year’s ISGC in Saint Louis. Using some information found on the Web, I attempted to learn to play this instrument. In the early Spring, my wife and I took our RV to a campground near Albert Talley’s home and I took a couple of lessons from him (thanks, Albert!!)- but 185 miles one way is a bit much for weekly lessons. The nearest instructor to me (that I know of) is 85 miles one way (Jr. Knight).

I decided that the guitar was either going back into its case, or I’ll sign up for Jody’s Guitar School.

Jody is not only a fine person - he is a great musician (check the definition of “Musician” by Bobbe Seymour). On top of all that he has a natural knack for expressing himself and teaching. A rare combination, indeed.

While my level of skill is below the rest of the class, I still was able to pick up things from others (thanks, Gale and Waymon!!) Only negative was one student could not attend due to health problems - hope he makes the next class.

My brain is fried, but I’ll get there!! Time to turn on my favorite band (Band in a Box) and practice.

Thanks, Jody!!

don

Gale Huey

Frisco, Texas USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2007 3:32 am    

Bump for Jody please