The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone out there using Guitar Tracks Pro 3
John McGlothlin

Post  Posted 30 Apr 2007 12:39 pm    

I purchased a 32 track recording software for my computer and I'm desperate for some good recording software. The problem I have now is understanding all the termanology. I have a sensitive ear and one problem I have is with the tracks...for example...i put my rhythm track on and then I arm the other track for recording my steel.I have to try to do the entire song without making any mistakescause if I try to record just parts at a time on separate tracks...when I mix the tracks I hear clicks of each of the tracks kicking in. The only way I can avoid this is to record the entire track just to do a small part. Any tips on an easier way to do this? The Guitar Tracks Pro 3 is a Cakewalk product.

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2007 4:04 pm    

John, I use PowerTracks pro audio which is a computer software recording program and is very compatible with Band in a Box. It has a feature which allows me to "punch in" any where in the recorded track and re record any part I want to without having to redo the entire track again. I can also record several lead tracks and cut and paste from one to another to come up with a final lead track that sounds good to my ears. I would think that most good recording software programs have these and other similiar features.

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2007 6:20 pm    

While I don't have the program, it's description sounds like it has a lot of audio editing capabilities. Does it have the ability to erase sections of a given track?

In Sonar6, if there is something in a track that I don't like, I can select it and erase it.

It would seem reasonable that this can be done in Guitar tracks as well. In that case you just erase the click from the front of the track.

John McGlothlin

Post  Posted 1 May 2007 3:26 am    

Hi Ken...this program soes have the erase feature called Punch Recording but of course since I am new to computers I just have to experiment I guess to really see what can be done...I certainly do thank all of you for your help and God Bless

John McGlothlin

Post  Posted 1 May 2007 3:29 am    

Thank you very much Andy. I just bought the new version of Band In A Box and it came with the Power Tracks Pro but I was not aware of it being a multi track recorder...I'll try that one out and see what I can come up with. Thanks again

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2007 1:58 pm    

John, look at this site when you get a chance. George Wixon has some pretty good tutorials for both Band in a box and PowerTracks.

http://www.gwixon.com/