The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Drummer & Bass Player needed for KCMO area
Kenny Burford

Independence, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2007 6:19 pm    

I know this is a real shot in the dark, but I am in the process of putting together my own band again and looking for both a drummer and bass player. I have a fiddle player and steel guitarist lined up, but looking for the two players that can make or break a band. When I say I play country music, I mean country music. I don't play R&R, none, zero, absolutely nada. I like western swing and traditional country. I don't plan on working more than twice a month at the most. I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't use drugs, but I do cuss when I don't like what's going on and I like playing good music. Please e-mail me if you are interested kburford1@hotmail.com

Colm Chomicky

Kansas, (Prairie Village)
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2007 10:27 am    

Hey Kenny,
Keep me posted. Would love to hear your new band sometime.

Pat Irvin

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2007 11:31 am    

hey Kenny keep me updated on your band, when and where your playin

if you come across any extra players let me know:)

also we are playin at Harry's this Friday Night, Feb 2nd, if you're around stop in and see us again (we are still there every Wed also)

Kenny Burford

Post  Posted 31 Jan 2007 10:02 am    

Patrick, I will try and make your Friday night gig this week. I am working over on the Blue River right now and I have to be up for work at 4 am, so Wednesdays are tough on this old man. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't live a full hours drive out of KC, and to think I used to laugh when folks said they needed full nights sleep to keep going. I used to tell them "that's where death finds you, lyin' in bed, not me I gonna live forever to heck with sleepin." Needless to say I don't live by that old motto anymore, but I sure gave it heck for a lot of years. That's one thing I don't think any picker I ever gets a lot of if they work a day job and pickin' two to six nights a week too. If I make it out is it OK if I bring my Tele?

Kenny Burford

Post  Posted 31 Jan 2007 10:11 am    

Colm, if I manage to get this band of the ground I would more than happy to let you know where and when we are playing. Right now I am just looking for the right folks, I don't want to play musical chairs with players. It's not fair to tell someone they have spot in a group then wind up cutting them a few months into the project because you have found someone more suited to what you are wanting in a player. It can make for long term hard feelings, unfortunately I have committed that sin in the past and I don't want to repeat it if at all possible. Also there is nothing worse for a player to be in a band and they are unhappy with the music the band is playing. That's why I said it right up front, I am only going to play traditional country and western swing. As I tell everyone when we discuss music, "I don't play rockin' roll." It's that simple. I have a difficult enough time trying to play country let alone butcher another genre' of music.

Pat Irvin

Post  Posted 5 Feb 2007 12:59 pm    

sorry for the delayed response kenny, i didn't check back here in time to post a reply to your question

sorry you couldn't make it, we had fun and had 6 steelers show up and 5 play steel

dan and i stuck with guitar and bass, we didn't want to run off any of the patrons:)

Pat Irvin

Post  Posted 5 Feb 2007 12:59 pm    

double post
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Kenny Burford

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2007 8:55 am    

Please remove post.