The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Memphis recording history in latest TapeOp issue
Joe Harwell

"I've never been bad." ........ Many, LA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2007 4:00 pm    

If you are not familiar with TapeOp, it's an industry rag mag supported by industry advertising. It offers free subscriptions to anyone. Free to UK and EU, too.

This month's issue has some interesting Memphis recording studio, etc. history/interviews.

http://www.tapeop.com/

Tho most of the stuff is way over my head and budget,
it's interesting to see what people use when money is no object. Plus lots of software reviews, previews, etc.

I noted the 64bit version of Sonar 6, also.

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak & the strong; because, someday in life you will have been all of these".

Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2007 10:41 am    

that is a great magazine for anyone interested in recording from beginer to pro and its free free free. most of the stuff is high end but they do the smaller stuff too. not too long ago they had a review of the "black box". There was an interview with steel player Daniel lanois (spelling?) a few issues back. Their forums are excellent as well.

Jon Hyde

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2007 2:15 pm    

I can pretty much only echo what Ben has said here. I've subscribed to TapeOp for years and I'm always happy to find it in the mailbox. This Memphis issue is no different. Sometimes its about a full on pro studio with all the zillions of dollars of gear and sometimes it's somebody recording on the fly with an all-in-one device. They seem to attack the subjects in a way that always seems more refreshing than the big "pro" recording mags that I don't even bother with any more.