The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  STEEL GUITAR CHAT ROOM IN DALLAS THIS YEAR
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2007 1:52 pm    

We will have a booth in Dallas this year and invite all of you to come by and sit a spell and meet everyone. It's going to be a great time with lots of interviews and picture taking. It will also give you an opportunity to see what the Steel Guitar Chat Room is all about. You will be surprised at how many people you know that are already members there. You can also visit one of our websites @ www.steelguitarchatroom.com and click on some of the things you see or even read one of our newsletters. A donation is required for being a full member in the room but that only takes care of expenses such as bandwidth, software costs, etc. I can assure you that there is not a member there who won't tell you that the value you get back from the room is forevermore rewarding than what the donation is. We have siminars from time to time which is free to the members and we actually do some lick trading live with each other. It has proven to be such a wealth of information. Stop by the web site and if you make it to Dallas....stop by our booth and visit.

Regards,

Ray and Don and The Crowd
The Steel Guitar Chat Room

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2007 5:31 am    

We are making final plans for the big show in Dallas and will be on the plane Thursday morning. All members please stop by our booth and pick up your ID tags. Also we have a lot of interviews planned that you guys and gals from home who will not be able to go..can enjoy in the room. Also...we will be doing new- member sign-ups there and you will be able to actually get into the room while in Dallas and see what all the chatter is about Laughing .
There will be lots of things going on down there and we assure you that the good Lord willing we will be on top of it all.

If you get to the show look us up and we will make your visit with us a special one. Also you can try out a Walker Seat while you are there. They make you feel sooooooooo gooood while you're playing your steel Very Happy

Ray Walker
www.steelguitarchatroom.com
www.walkerseats.com

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2007 7:51 am    

And thats the truth ! Smile
Hook

Curt Shoemaker

Ionia, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2007 9:15 am    

Guys & Gals, please stop by the Steel Guitar Chat Room table and talk with Ray, Don or one of the members about becoming a member yourself. For 5 bucks a month, you can pick-up alot of information that will improve your playing, along with meeting players from all over. We have some very talented players along with beginners, but in the SGCR everyone is a friend, and everyone is helpful.

Herman Visser

Rohnert Park, California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2007 6:41 pm    

Hi Guys !!! Join the STEEL GUITAR CHAT ROOM Very Happy
$5.00 a month ,16 cents a day.069 cents an hr.
even AT&T cannt beat these rates.
I would Like to see some more non peddel players on it ,so I dont feel to lonely over there.
All so a great place to play your Cds Rolling Eyes
Herman
Steel Guitar Chat Room

hvdutch@yahoo .com

Joseph V. Sapp

eastern shore, Md.
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2007 4:58 am    

well, I had planned to be in Dallas, but the Doctors had other Ideas. But the Chat Room will be the next best thing. What a super place for tons of information, friends, and good steel Guitar. Yall have fun in Texas, and we'll hold down the fort on this end. Dont forget Wednesday nights in the Room. what a ton of fun. God Bless.

Joe

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 5 Mar 2007 7:37 am    

Well Joe, I hate that you can't make it down to Dallas this year but on the other hand we appreciate you helping us in the room with coordination of events and making things run smoothly back at home. I hope you know that you are an asset to the room and to Don and I personally. Thanks buddy

Ray and Don
The Steel Guitar Chat Room
www.steelguitarchatroom.com

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2007 9:17 am    

Joe, sorry you can't make it to the D but I know you to be a REAL steel guitar and chat room fan. All that, in addition to being a nice human being, makes me a REAL Joe Sapp fan.

Phred

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2007 2:54 pm    

Getting closer Smile
Hook

Shorty Smith

Columbus, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2007 5:48 am     Chat Room at Dallas Jam

Ray, I will be working my weekend gig and wont be there but my heart and mind will be there. I know you all will have a wonderful time meeting each other and listening to the great steel pickers and trying to remember their licks. So have fun, maybe I can make it next year, Shorty

Joseph V. Sapp

eastern shore, Md.
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2007 2:48 pm    

Fred:

Thank you so much for the kind words, wish I could be there and squeeze your neck. but we'll try and hold the fort down while yall have fun. you take care, stay safe, and God Bless my friend.

Joe

Richard Bass

Sabang Beach, Philippines
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2007 10:06 pm    

Everyone going to the Texas show, have a great time. I am going to make plans for next year, if the Good Lords willing.
If you haven't been to the chat room, COME ON DOWN. It is a great place to talk with old friends and make many new ones. It's one of the best things since sliced bread!! Very Happy
Richard

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2007 11:25 pm    

Well, dad-gum it, I won't be able to go either but like Joe Sapp and some others, we'll be holding the fort in the chatroom. I expect to hear a lot from all you folks that DO get to go. Hopefully I won't miss anything that goes on in the chatroom. Joe, we need to have an alarm on our computers to tell us when something important is happening in the room ! Looking forward to it. All you folks have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves. LONG LIVE THE STEEL GUITAR CHATROOM ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2007 8:30 am    

Well, today's the big day, it all starts this evening I hear, can't wait to see what happens in the room from DALLAS ! I'm expecting big things. COME ON IN AND JOIN ME FOR THE FUN AND MERRIMENT. Ray Walker, we're waiting !! Mr. Green Rolling Eyes