The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Steel / Banjo needed for major label artist
Gaylon Mathews

Jasper, Georgia
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2007 3:27 pm    

Major label artist in Nashville needs a person who can play steel and banjo. Must do both well. If you are interested, shoot me an email. It's not the artist I work for (I'm keeping my job) but I was asked to help find someone who could fill this position. Must be ready to roll by March 6th. Please only email me if you know you can handle the job and are ready to roll.

Gaylon

gaylonmathews@yahoo.com

Show Pro Steel Guitars, 2Ds Guitars, Peavey Electronics, Gallien Krueger MB Series Amps, GHS Strings, Rick Johnson Cabinets, D2F Covers, Eminence Double-T Speakers, Weber Speakers, Cedar Creek Cases.

Bruce Etter

Columbus, Georgia
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2007 6:12 pm    

Gaylon:

I saw a post by Steve Alonzo Walker from Spartanburg back in December that he was looking for a road gig. As you know, he played for David Ball (among many others). In his post he also said that he plays banjo.

Sounds like a perfect fit if he's interested. I'm just looking out for a fellow steeler.

Bruce

Here is the original posting by Steve:

I am looking for a new Artist Road Gig. The Artist i've been with for the past 10 years is not going back out. I play Pedal Steel, Dobro, Rythmn guitar, and some Banjo. I have 25+ years of touring under my belt. I am Smoke and Drug free! I love to have fun on the road but I take the music serious. I have worked with; Johnny Rodriguez, The Forrester Sisters, Cissie Lynn(Loretta's Daughter), Sara Evans, Buddy Jewell, And 10 years with David Ball.I am road-ready! Contact me at; papasteel@charter.net

Gaylon Mathews

Jasper, Georgia
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2007 6:41 pm    

Bruce,

I've sent him an email.

gaylonmathews@yahoo.com

Show Pro Steel Guitars, 2Ds Guitars, Peavey Electronics, Gallien Krueger MB Series Amps, GHS Strings, Rick Johnson Cabinets, D2F Covers, Eminence Double-T Speakers, Weber Speakers, Cedar Creek Cases.

Steve Alonzo Walker

Spartanburg,S.C. USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2007 4:05 am    

Thanks Guys!