The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anybody using Cakewalk Music Creator 2?
Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2007 4:45 pm    

This is the cheap $50 version. I've been using it to record with and it works ok, but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea about how to master with it-or maybe with this cheap version its not possibe to master? For one thing my audio levels are very low on the burnt cd from the calkwalk recording. Duane Becker

Jerry L Miller

Sublette, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 11:55 am    

I use cakewalk pyro2004 and have very good luck with it. there is volume controlls in side of the vakewalk you can adjust.
i have a creative sound card that has two in puts one in low the other is high. if you use the low in put on your tape or record player you will get a low volume recording. i use a switch system i made to switch from low to high.
before you record, play what you are going to record and watch the display it should be moving up to the O.K. are close to it if not switch to the the other one then it should move up.
jerry Very Happy

Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 5:08 pm    

If you're having volume problems, then you probably just need more volume. This can be done most easily by getting a small mixer.

Behringer has some little two channel ones that would probably work for you and I'd bet that you could get one delivered for under $50. What you need is the mic pre on the mixer. For a little more than $100, you could get a bigger Behringer mixer with several channels.

I don't use the program you have but if it's anything like Sonar, you can increase the overal level of a track with a Normalize function. It's probably in an Edit menu if you have it. But doing this will also increase the volume of the noise in the track. It's better to get a good level from the beginning and that's where the mixer will help.

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 2:43 pm     Cakewalk

Duane-I had Cakewalk Pyro . I guess it was Basic. But it worked . I lost it with my old computer. Is your easy to use, now? I see they have version 4 for $99.00 now and vers 6 coming out. ...al.Smile

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 3:27 pm     Cakewalk

Duane-I had Cakewalk Pyro . I guess it was Basic. But it worked . I lost it with my old computer. Is your easy to use, now? I see they have version 4 for $99.00 now and vers 6 coming out. ...al.Smile

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus

Larry Clark

Herndon, VA.
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 6:25 pm    

Duane, check this out. The newest version of Pyro....about 30 bucks.

http://store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=10-CWPY5.00-20E

Last edited by Larry Clark on 24 Feb 2007 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 6:28 pm    

Thanks for all the replies. Al, yes the version I have is very easy to use. I wasnt to hip to trying computer recording software, always been one to record in a real studio. But I was impressed with the ease and pretty good sound that this Cakewalk version had. I have rerecorded some stuff with my input levels boosted a bit and it sounds much better. Thanks Duane Becker