The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Creative Zen V Plus review
erik

Post  Posted 14 Jan 2007 6:27 pm    

I bought this MP3 player recently and am very impressed. It has a 4gb flash memory and can play MP3s WMAs, photos videos, and comes with a fm tuner. But the real valuable feature is the built-in MP3 encoder. Through it's mini jack you can record audio to bit rates 128 or 160kbs. The song I posted in Music was encoded through this player. Unfortunately it encodes as a WMA, but not protected as I stated in another thread. I had to download a converter to be able to upload the final MP3 to a web site. This player does freeze as mentioned in reviews at other sites but it's easy to reset. But you lose any recording not saved at that point. It also provides for cd recording by dividing tracks. Also you can record in sync mode which starts at level input of audio or you can choose to control the start of recording. All in all this MP3 player/recorder is feature packed and a joy to own. I keep it near my bed and sometimes use it for listening to fm. Auto preset programming for FM, or tune yourself. It has ability to program volume limits to protect hearing. Various EQ settings too, though I go flat. I can't say it's worth $180. Though the fact that it is one of only a few MP3 players that provide for encoding what choice do you have. I love mine.