The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone Use Adobe Audition 2,0
Bobby Johnson

Mims, Florida USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2006 5:45 am    

I Have been reading this forum alot and don't remember seeing anyone talk much about Adobe Audition 2.0. Before, i used Cool Edit from the 96 version all the the way up to when it was bought out by Adobe. Since then they have really improved it alot. I use a 24 channel mixer and a Creative Audigy 2 External sound card and this works so good. With using the DX and Vst pluggins you can do just about anything you want. Thats not even making a dent as to what this program will do. I also use the Waves Diamond Bundle Plugins as well. You can take anything recorded through the board stait to the sound card to Audition and record to it's multitrack recording Section. And realtime is great. Also you take a Band in a box track you might have made add it to a track then record anything you want along with it. Some say it's hard to learn but it's really not at all. You can sample, mix, and punch in and punch out as well a master every thing then mix it down to 2 track stereo, and remamster the final. If you have not tried this you might give it a look it's very well worth it. IMO, Just a thought. Also they have a demo version you can download from Adobe and play with it. See what you think. I have a ton of recording Software and i like this the most.

Any way like i said it's somthing to look at.

Bobby johnson

Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 26 Nov 2006 2:16 pm    

Last edited by Dickie Whitley on 23 May 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2006 6:57 am    

Hi Bobby,
I'm still using my version of
Cool Edit Pro. Like you said, it's a great program, and I love it.
Chuck

winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2006 7:38 am    

I also use Cool Edit Pro 2.1. It does everything I need. Winston May

Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2006 11:56 pm    

I first used Cool Edit Pro when I worked in Radio back in the late 90's. We used for producing the bumpers and commercials. Most recently I have been using it to record some of my steel playing here at the house. Works great for me. In fact you can here a cut I made with it on my myspace site.

------------------
Rains SD10
Fender Steel King
B-bender Telecaster
Line 6 Flextone II Plus
www.jimwalkeronline.com
My Space

Mark Wayne

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2006 11:35 pm    

Hi Bobby,

I use AA 2.0 in my studio and am slowly getting around the learning curve from it's updates in relation to AA 1.5. It didn't seem too bad, however the nature of the punch-in processes have changed a bit in 2.0. Instead of punch-ins merging into a take like in 1.5, they are newly created upon recording, resulting in a clip that goes over the existing clip (I'm sure you found that out).

I guess it's a good thing, but my clips kept on getting buried when I'd do about 10 punch-ins. Had to search for them and it was getting inconvenient. Even asked for help on the AM forum which didn't yield much assistance. Was getting to be problem. (I wouldn't wish this scenario on even someone who doesn't play steel )

Then....I thought I'd get out my Red Rover and plug in my punch-in pedal to do punch in's, and now I use it just like my old Rolands.... Hit the play and punch in on the fly, and the clips don't get jostled around like before. YIPPPEEE!! Sure glad that worked out.

[This message was edited by Mark Wayne on 28 November 2006 at 11:41 PM.]

Mark Wayne

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2006 11:38 pm    

In addition, I really have enjoyed the real-time effects while recording. The way you can grab the numbers and raise/lower settings on effects, etc. (by holding the arrow over the number and going up and down) is convenient, too.

Bobby Johnson

Mims, Florida USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2006 4:09 am    

I am glad to see that others use both Cool Edit and Adobe Audition there both great i am really enjoying the Audition but still tend to use cool edit more. I been using the Waves Diamond Bundle there plugins are out of this world. Plus i have Lexicons Pantheon digital reverb. The waves bundle has a click, pop, and hiss removers and i use them alot to clean up recordings. Plus i have the Timeworks Plugins as well the have a mastering EQ that's awsome.

The thing that gets me is that Dawn my wife records all the time with cooledit and knows it really good. But i have seen alot of people in karaoke chat rooms using cooledit and a couple of them have made a file up called Cooledit 123 to help other learn it. It's unreal how many people that don't even play a instrument, just sing, are recording them selves.

And if anyone here is learning either one of these programs and need help, i'd be glad to help all i can. Been using these programs along long time. Maybe since i don't play PSG as well as a lot of others here, i can contribute some to this forum in this way as well.

Happy Recording guys and any questions i can answer feel free to ask anytime.

Bobby

winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2006 5:53 pm    

Mark
When I do a lot of punch-ins on one track I usually record a copy of the track and there is only one track complete with punch-ins intergrated into it. This is done by punching solo on the track to be copied and then assigning it to a seperate output, route it through the mixer then go to an empty track and recording that output, pretty simple. Then I go to the folder with all the waves in it and delete all the punches along with the original track to cut down on clutter. winston may

Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2006 1:48 am    

Another thing I found that is handy with Cool Edit is to load a song from a file or CD, right click and highlight a certain part I'm trying to learn, then click the loop play button. I play along until I get it right.

------------------
Rains SD10
Fender Steel King
B-bender Telecaster
Line 6 Flextone II Plus
www.jimwalkeronline.com
My Space

Larry Beck

Pierre, SD
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2006 7:52 pm    

I saw Chuck's cool edit about the time adobe bought them so I went right to AA 1.5 and then 2.0. I edit and master tracks from my fostex with it. I have The Antares autotune plug in V4.0 and a bunch of freebe VST plug-ins. It has been used for everything from Lakota ceremonial songs to Christmas CDs.