The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  USB recording with the Pod XT
Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2006 7:55 am    

Is anyone recording thru USB with the POD XT? I just got a new Pod and I've been experimenting with it and so far I'm not having much luck using the USB feature for recording.

I would of thought that line6 would have upgraded the software in the pod xt so that it would take advantage of USB2 but as far as I can tell it's still USB1 vs 1.1 at least thats what it says in the specs of the pod.

I use Sonar 5 PE and so far all I get is a bunch of studdering and distorted signal when I try to use it. I know that USB1 is pretty slow 12 mbps compared to over 400 mbps for USB2.

Anyway is anyone having any luck using USB1 to record? I imagine that I have some sort of a conflict with drivers and I haven't really tried or had time to trouble shoot it yet but I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it.

I know USB1 is suppose to be plenty fast enough to use as a recording interface in theroy but in real time use it often fails miserably. I will probably just keep recording thru the analog outs unless someone has some good advice on using USB. Thanks

Bob

Tim Harr

Dunlap, Illinois
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2006 1:07 pm    

Do a search on it here on the SGF.

I use it all the time ...USB

E Mail me for more questions!

David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2006 1:53 am    

It sounds as likely to be the computer through-put as the POD.

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2006 3:17 am    

Hi guy's, I figured out what my problem was and I don't think I like the solution I found. Is it true with ASIO drivers that you can only have one recording input at a time ie if I have a digital card/mixer and the pod xt I can only use and have one of those inputs enabled at one time?

So far all I've been able to do is record usb in from the pod xt and not use my other asio drivers. I guess normally that wouldn't be a big deal but I use a Roland VM3100 digital board and it's also my sound interface as in my audio card.

So when I disable it I can't hear my other tracks because when I enable pod xt usb in and out it will not allow my other sound card (vm-3100) to work either in or out so no monitoring of my previously recorded tracks other than midi.

So I guess what I'm asking is there any way for my sound card and pod xt usb to cohabitate nicely?

Do I need to get ASIO4ALL drivers? Would that allow both sound cards to work together at the same time for both input as well as outputs too? thanks

Bob

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2006 6:57 pm    

Hi guys (Tim and David) thanks for the help I found the answer to my questions. You can close this one up if you want to. It's just as usual a little research goes a long way :-)

Bob