This speaks for itself

Jamie Lennon

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2006 6:37 am    

Very nice playing

Finis Spier

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2006 9:57 am    

this guy is either a fiddle player or he has hung around some good ones never heard billy in the low ground on a pedal steel AWSOME!!

Ron !

Post  Posted 10 Dec 2006 10:33 am    

This is Gary Gimble,Finis.I just received a mail from him saying that he had only 65% done in the song.....So I am anctious to see the clip with the 100% in it......But needless to say that this man is one H*** of a steel player.I think we should hear a lot more from him.here is another one.

Ron

[This message was edited by Ron Steenwijk on 10 December 2006 at 10:38 AM.]

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2006 1:39 pm    

This is NOT Billy in the Low Ground. I can't remember what it is but I've heard Mike Snider and his String Band play it. I think it may be some kind of Scottish or Irish fiddle tune, but it's definately not Billy in the Low Ground.

------------------
Emmons Lashley Legrande D-10 8/4, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Nashville 112, Peavey Bandit, Baggs Fiddle Bridge, Peavey Profex II, Several Fiddles, Fender Tele and Strat, Martin Guitars, Eastman 815 Mandolin, Johnson Dobro, Rich and Taylor Banjo, Yamaha Keyboard, Upright Bass, Yamaha Bass, Korg Tuners.

racmusic.tripod.com

Gary Lee Gimble

Fredericksburg, VA.
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2006 2:41 pm    

Ron, Jamie & Finis, thanks for your compliments. Let me just say as I mentioned to Ron in an email, Youtube has been a great tool to share licks with some friends I have 3000 miles away. These clips aren't squeaky clean, oh well, but has saved many cell phone minutes. Its not unusual to receive a phone call, "Hey Gimble, listen to what I figured out!"
Rick, I have 2 fiddle tune clips posted, one is Crazy Creek and one is definitely Billy in The Low Ground. These are tunes that I use to pick on banjo back in the early 1970s. The only thing that is close to being Scottish or Irish regarding these tunes are inside a bottle within arms reach. I would classify these tunes as sorta being hoedowns.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2006 9:42 pm    

Gary - I was referring to the first video on this thread which I suppose must be Crazy Creek. That name rings a bell now that you mentioned it. Of course everyone knows the second one is TN Waltz. I have not seen your video of Billy In The Low Ground, but judging from what I have seen I know it will be good. I was in Ireland earlier this year so I know about the bottle stuff. I was introduced to Guniess(sp). Great job.

------------------
Emmons Lashley Legrande D-10 8/4, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Nashville 112, Peavey Bandit, Baggs Fiddle Bridge, Peavey Profex II, Several Fiddles, Fender Tele and Strat, Martin Guitars, Eastman 815 Mandolin, Johnson Dobro, Rich and Taylor Banjo, Yamaha Keyboard, Upright Bass, Yamaha Bass, Korg Tuners.

racmusic.tripod.com

Karen Lee Steenwijk

Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2006 9:44 am    

Love the songs!!! great steel playin we listened..and our compliments!!! Also,,,can I please have that birds autograph? I love the singing!!! What a happy lil fella. Great!! both of you!!!!

Karen

Charlie Moore

Deville, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2006 5:30 pm    

Man this Gimble is a monster,i could listen to him all night..Keep the clips coming..great player..
Charlie...