The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Free Siminar At The Steel Guitar Chat Room
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2006 12:16 pm    

December 11, 2006 at 8:00 Eastern time, we will host a siminar in the Steel Guitar Chat Room with guest speaker Mike McGee. The topic will be "Music Theory Made Simple" and how it relates to "you" as a steel guitar player. Mike has a knack for making this subject both fun and easy to understand. So many times we hear someone say..."I just want to play my steel better" and here is a way that will open up new avenues for you to do just that. Recording this siminar is allowed and after the siminar everyone will have an opportunity to ask questions directly to Mike. We are also planning a follow up session. The reason is that hopefully you will take what you have learned in this siminar and apply it to your playing and thus formulate new questions. Mike has agreed to doing these follow ups and we at the Steel Guitar Chat Room are most appreciative. THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" EVENT. If you are not a member and would like to become one simply go to the following link and you will receive all of the information necessary.
http://www.steelin4fun.com/donations.htm

The Steel Guitar Chat Room is a "donation driven" site. Donations go directly towards the individual members' bandwidth and costs of running the room. If you have never been...we invite you to sign up for a minimum period of 90 days and try us out, which should allow you plenty of time to get a taste for what we do there. During that period you will enjoy full membership benefits which will include any and all siminars or other sessions that take place during that time period. We know you will want to stay. The Steel Guitar Chat Room will also be in Dallas this year meeting new faces....doing a lot of interviews...and signing up members. We will also be bringing a little of Dallas to the members in the room who were not able to go this year. How about a place where you can go talk with your buddies and heroes about Steel Guitar and never have to worry about an argument or bad language or politics. Listen to great music and get in on all of the siminars. Folks that's what it's all about in a nutshell. In the meantime...put Dec 11th on your calander and we look forward to seeing you in the room that night.

Ray Walker and Staff
The Steel Guitar Chat Room

[This message was edited by Ray Walker on 03 December 2006 at 12:43 PM.]

Dave Baldwin

Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2006 2:57 pm    

what ray said plus all the good company whith the guys and i picked up more stuff eveyone is so helpful ask and you get a answer from some real good pickers and lots of fun dave

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2006 4:14 pm    

Ray I'm glad to see you put Mike's talent and knowledge of the steel guitar to use.
He is of great value to us all.
And who knows, this just might get him off those comic books he reads all the time.
All jokes aside, this is a great chance to take advantage of a FREE GIFT if you will, and take in some of Mikes smooth applications to better playing.

------------------
Fred Justice,
Justice Custom Cases & Cabinets,
Fred's Music, www.fredjusticemusic.com

Pete Walthall

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2006 9:32 pm    

guys mike is a great player and teacher he knows his stuff.you can learn some good stuff in this chat room you never no who will be coming in.we have lots of fun in here.

Terry McCumbee

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2006 6:09 am    

Hey guys this is your opportunity to join us in the steel guitar chatroom for a great seminar by Mike McGee on Dec. 11th. Mike's seminars contain valuable information for steel players whether beginners or experienced. You don't want to miss it! Be sure to stop by. If you would like to become a member of the steel guitar chatroom, click on the link on Ray Walker's post. It's a great place to come and play your steel, live in the room if you want to, and listen to steel guitar music by others. There are a lot of new things coming to the room soon. So why wait? Join today and enjoy the fellowship and steel guitar music.

------------------

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 6 Dec 2006 6:09 am    

Folks, historically we receive requests for membership into the Steel Guitar Chat Room when we have these free siminar nights but unfortunately most come at the last minute and we are not able to process your membership that quickly. Although we live in a new computer age...there is still a bit of work involved for us with signing new members. Simply put I urge you to act before the time is upon us instead of waiting. I am happy to report that our membership is growing by leaps and bounds and we have added many new features to the room such as a Bulletin Board, newsletter, picker of the month and even an auction is going on as we speak. There are a lot of goodies happening over there and we still talk live with one another and we still listen to great steel music and play live. It's just a fun place to be for the person who likes what the steel guitar does for the music industry today and also all of the past that it represents.

Regards,

Ray Walker and Staff

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2006 9:07 am    

Ray-Thanks for reminding us of the great show Dec.11. I should remember that just one day after my 85th birthday. I hate to think it, but am I the oldest member of the Forum?....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2006 9:20 am    

Ray maybe you should record the whole thing and then sell it to non members, I'm sure it would make a lot of money.
Cheers Dave.

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 6 Dec 2006 11:23 am    

Al you ole Coot!!!! You very well may be the oldest. Heck I have trees in my yard that ain't as old as you....I don't even think my back yard is as old as you.....but you got something that none of em have....a set a hands and an ear for steel guitar and surely that's the sound we'll all hear in heaven one day. Happy birthday my friend, and I know I'll see you in the room Monday Night.
Dave...you might be right but the cost of being a member in the room is only 5 bucks a month and I don't know where you can buy any course of any kind for that kind of money. We try to have one of these sessions a couple of times a month and not to mention all the other lick swapping that goes on in the room. Heck brother we have guys that will show the licks live and you can sit at your steel wherever you are and learn a lick one on one. Hey...in the steel guitar chat room it's like having a buddy over to your house for a little one on one without having to clean up after he's gone

Come on over folks unless it's just not worth anything to you and that is the case for some...It's not for everyone...but then nothing is.

By the Way.....MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ray Walker and Staff

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 7 Dec 2006 8:40 am    

BUMP

Joseph V. Sapp

eastern shore, Md.
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2006 1:19 pm    

This is gonna be a good'un. really looking forward to some much needed information. Folks,,,,dont miss out on this chance to pick up on something that is needed by each of us. Hope to see ya There. God Bless

Joe

Terry McCumbee

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2006 5:03 pm    

^^^^ Bump Please

Colm Chomicky

Kansas, (Prairie Village)
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2006 5:33 am    

I have a reserved sign on the computer monitor and have provided a fair warning to my kids that they will be bumped from the 'puter at this time so that Dad can get on.

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2006 8:38 am    

Cant wait for this one. Mike is one of the better players and speakers in the community. You new folks would be well advised to make this one, but hurry, time's runnin' out.

Phred

------------------
"From Truth, Justice is Born"--Quanah Parker-1904

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2006 3:19 pm    

O.K. Mike, a bunch of us are already gathering in readiness for this one.
We're ready to learn some secrets about theory that we know you can teach us, Come on in folks, you don't wanna miss this one !!!

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF www.geocities.com/squire592001/jason.html

[This message was edited by John P.Phillips on 11 December 2006 at 03:20 PM.]

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2006 9:32 am    

I can't say thanks enough for those who put up with my 'ramblings' last night. I sincerely hope that some ideas were generated that will help to make music on pedal steel a bit easier. Thanks to the chatroom mods for all their help. For chatroom members, my notes are available through email if you want them.

Shorty Smith

Columbus, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2006 12:59 pm    

Thanks Mike for doing a great job teaching the theory on the steel guitar. You are also a great picker, person and a chat friend, thanks again for a job well done, Shorty

Howard Tate

Leesville, Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2006 5:49 am    

I'm sorry to say I missed it, I'm a Mike McGee fan. For the last few months I've had trouble finding time to visit the room, and when I did try to enter I have had a problem getting in and staying in when I got there. I have let the membership lapse, and will try again when things are not so hectic and hope it will work out better. I miss my friends that I made there. My wife's sister sleeps in the room next to my music room, she is in stage four lung cancer. Many things are hard for me to do now, including practicing.

------------------
Howard

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 13 Dec 2006 5:51 am    

Mike....I would like to thank you for your session on music theory Monday night and how we can apply it to pedal steel. You captured the attention of all who were there...myself included. I especially appreciate all of the time you put into making the charts to use as visuals and the fact that you have made them available to use together with those that recorded the session...which were many. Your time...dedication...and loyalty to The Steel Guitar Chat Room and what we stand for is evident...and I thank you from all of us at the Room.

God Bless

Ray Walker and Staff