The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MIKE MCGEE DOING A SESSION IN STEEL GUITAR CHAT
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2006 4:32 am    

Tuesday evening August 29th...we will have Mike McGee with us in the Steel Guitar Chat Room to talk about styles and techniques he used on his latest CD "All Loaded Up". Not only is it a great CD but the styles and techniques used by Mike are worth noting here. The session will consist of questions and answers to any questions you will have. The session will start promptly at 8:00 Eastern time and will last a couple of hours. We have also decided to invite those of you who are not members of the Steel Guitar Chat Room...to visit and check us out. Not only is it a room you can go to for good clean fun and learn and talk to other steelers but it's also a place where friends can get together and talk live to each other. To get to the site simply go to http://steelguitars.ivocalize.net/
Sign in with your FIRST AND LAST NAME and for this special event your password will be

BEFORE YOU SIGN IN...YOU MUST INSTALL THE PROGRAM WHEN PROMPTED. If you don't do that it will simply not work.

RELAX. You will not get a virus from this program or room. It will take seconds to download and it will not take up valuable space on your computer. It's simply allowing you to "hear" the voices and music and allows you to "talk live" using your computer mic or "type text" so that you can be part of the group.

The password is only good between the hours of 7:00PM Eastern time and Midnight August 29th.

So come on over and join in the fun for the night "free" and see what we are all about.

Ray Walker and Staff
Steel Guiatr Chat Room

Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2006 11:35 pm    

Hey Boys and girls,
Come on over tonight. We have a real hoot in the chat room. Mike McGee is our featured artist and he is a great player and person fine from Missouri. He'll have answers to many questions and have his Zum Steel live and ready for demonstrations and helpfull hints.
It's free tonight from 7pm to midnight (eastern) and it's a lot of fun too.
See ya there,
BB
www.bobbybowman.com

------------------
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good! http://www.bobbybowman.com

should read "fine person"

[This message was edited by Bobby Bowman on 29 August 2006 at 12:38 AM.]

Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 11:26 am    

To the Top

------------------
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!
http://www.bobbybowman.com

Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 1:14 pm    

That's right folks. Just a couple hours from now, you will be able to hear Mike McGee discuss his style and techniques he used on his latest CD. And let me tell you folks, if you don't have Mike's CD, you don't know what you are missing!!! So, kick back and come join us for a fun filled evening in the Steel Guitar Chat Room. The session starts a 8:00 prompt, so come early and get a good seat

------------------
1974 MSA D10 Classic 8+5, Matchbox 7A, Digitech Gen3, Nashville 112
If you ain't steelin' it, you ain't feelin' it !!

www.steelin4fun.com

donpoland@steelin4fundotcom

Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2006 4:03 am    

Well it proved to be a fun and informative night in the chat room last night. Mike not only gave an informative session to all that attended but actually demonstrated his technique live . You see,,one of the great things about our room is that anyone can set up their guitar near their computer and we all can hear them as they play. That's right you could actually ask a guy or gal how they are doing a specific lick and they can not only tell you...but actually do the lick live. If your guitar is set up near you...then you can also work out the lick in real time. I want to thank Mike McGee for sharing his talent and knowledge of the pedal steel guitar with all of us and look forward to the next session. We are currently lining up some really great players to come in the room and it's going to be a great time for all. If you are interested in becoming a member of this great community simply e-mail me or go to http://www.steelin4fun.com/donations.htm

for details on becoming a member.

Finally I would like to thank all of the Staff at the Steel Guitar Chat Room for all of their hard work in making these sessions possible for you all.

Ray Walker

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2006 6:16 am    

Mike, you did good !
Hook

------------------
www.HookMoore.com

Pat Kelly

Wentworthville, New South Wales, Australia
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2006 5:05 pm    

So glad to hear that everyone had such a fun and informative time! Too bad I couldn't join y'all.

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2006 6:31 pm    

I want to thank all the chatroom regulars and guests for coming in last night. Thanks to everyone for putting up with me. It went SO fast that when it was over, I felt like I hadn't covered very much. But it was great fun for me. Hope to do it again.