The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Real Country Music on your Computer..
Chuck Cusimano

Weatherford, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2005 10:46 am    

If you're hankerin' for some OUTSTANDING Radio interviews, Real Country Music, and flash backs of the OLD.. Grand Ole Oprey, (before acts like "Trick Pony" and "Big And Rich" were considered country)You really will enjoy www.countrygoldradio.com on Sundays from 12:00 noon to 5:00pm starting Jan. 1 2006. "The Mayor of Country Music" Joe Belienski, is one of the best friends of the real stuff going. He plays some really obscure GREAT stuff too! The website will also commect you to REAL COUNTRY MUSIC from 6:00 am to around midnight the rest of the time too. There is a short period of time they play a Satelite feed (which still offers some great Country Classics) but the rest of the time they use LIVE D.J.s, and you can request songs by calling: (817)774-1921. The Station is located near Fort Worth Texas, and can be picked up on your FM radio dial at 192.1 Check it out...Another thing "The Mayor" LOVES steel guitar, and has a vast knowledge of the players.

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2005 11:25 am    

Thanks for posting Chuck. I've been listening to Joe for years. Joe is an incredible country music historian and collector of old music and old radio clips, interviews, etc. Actually, he's the Mayor of Mingus. On another thread here, someone was asking if anyone's played Mingus. Joe's dad owned the Trio Club in Mingus, and Joe lived right behind the club. I used to play there occasionally with Gary Carpenter on steel, I would front, and Joe would play drums. It was shuffle till you puke. Joe's the only drummer I ever saw stand up while he's playing. I never knew there were that many Tony Booth songs
I'm glad they are streaming now. Now the whole world can catch his great show. He recently played an interview by Bill Mack with Bob Wills, who rarely interviewed. It was amazing.
The "Ranch" 95.9 was recently purchased by KTFW, is that correct? Thanks for the heads up.

[This message was edited by Chris Schlotzhauer on 22 December 2005 at 11:26 AM.]

Jason Powers

Muncie, IN
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2005 7:14 pm    

I listen to Joe's show via the internet regularly, and enjoy it VERY much. I have added records to my collection I didn't even know existed after hearing them on the show.

Dave Ledbetter

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2005 9:25 pm    

Thanks so much for posting this. I'll tune in for sure. I'm just starvin' for the good ole' stuff. I'm sick and tired of flipping through the radio when they all sound the same.

"LESS BANG........MORE TWANG"

Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2005 9:55 am    

Chris, that's correct. 95.9 and 92.1 are now sister stations. Actually it happened near the end of the summer. Joe's show can be caught for the last time this Sunday on 95.9 , then it's over to 92.1.

Danny

Chuck Cusimano

Weatherford, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2005 12:59 pm    

^

Larry W. Jones

Longmont, Colorado
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2005 7:29 pm    

On the internet, log onto "live365.com"
http://www.live365.com/index.live and search for "vintage country" stations like "Country Planet", "BBKR", "Country Gold 106" playing some great old vintage classics. Lots of steel guitar.

------------------
Return to paradise with Island Song Lyrics

It ain't got that FEELIN' if it ain't got that STEELIN'

Chuck Cusimano

Weatherford, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2005 11:28 am    

Chris, Last Tuesday Night, Joe came and spent the evening (along with his lovely wife) with us at The FINISH LINE, and sat in on drums for an entire set (Did an outstanding job) and when I introduced him as "The Mayor Of Mingus", he corrected me and said he is now being called "THE MAYOR OF COUNTRY MUSIC".

Lets support as much of the REAL COUNTRY MUSIC as we can. Now's the time to get aboard the train.

Side Note: If you love Real Country Music, and still haven't bought "TIMELESS" by Martina McBride, you need to do so. It is a GEM!

Darryl Hattenhauer

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2005 5:42 pm    

Joe and Larry,
Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it. We have only one real country station here in Phoenix, and it comes from another town to the northwest so you can't get it in clearly on the southeast side of the Phoenix area. Buck Owens owns a so-called country station here, but it won't play him or Merle or Hank. Just the usual--like you say, Big and Rich. Should have been called Big and Dumb.

------------------
"Drinking up the future, and living down the past"--unknown singer in Phoenix

[This message was edited by Darryl Hattenhauer on 24 December 2005 at 05:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by Darryl Hattenhauer on 24 December 2005 at 05:44 PM.]