The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mike Sigler in the Steel Guitar Chat Room
Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2005 8:20 pm    

Mike Sigler will be hosting a Q&A session in the Steel Guitar Chat Room, on December 6th at 8:30 PM Eastern. Ya'll come visit and enjoy yourselves and have a great time. This is gonna be a blast!! We have had a number of sessions in the Steel Guitar Chat Room and it is growing all the time. Lot's of new faces lately and hoping to see a lot more in the near future. Come visit and stay awhile

------------------
1974 MSA D10 Classic 8+5, Goodrich Matchbox 7A, Digitech Genesis 3, Peavey Nashville 112
If you ain't steelin' it, you ain't feelin' it !!

www.steelin4fun.com

donpoland@steelin4fundotcom

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2005 8:02 am    

Really looking forward to this little stint. Mike visited us in the chat room last night and from his discussions, this next event will be a good one. I'm encouraging you to a "freebie" from one super player.
Phred

Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2005 5:54 am    

lookn' forward to it guys, hope i can be of so help!

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2005 8:48 pm    

What a great night..Over 85 people enjoyed the efforts on one great steeler, Mike Siglar. Lots of discussion on different tunings Mike uses, and a very educational night for all.

The session went over 3 hours with as much recording as you would like. Mike is common folk who answered every question with a flair that is recognized as nothing but a serious interest in having one learn some of his methods.

Mike has an excellent website with some super pics and some items, cd's etc. that would enhance any library. There were still over 60 people there after nearly 3 hours. A super night, one of the best we've experienced there.
Phred

Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2005 7:43 am    

WOW...Mike was in the chat room until 1:00 this morning. What a blast it was!!!!! I think everyone had a great time, if all the PM's I got was any indication . Mike I want to thank you for taking the time to share all the info and music that you did. I look forward to doing this again one day. I am sure thankful that there are folks like you and the rest of the fine pickers that have graced our humble chat room in the past. You guys are what makes the steel chat room and this forum such a fine place. Thanks You Buddy!!

------------------
1974 MSA D10 Classic 8+5, Goodrich Matchbox 7A, Digitech Genesis 3, Peavey Nashville 112
If you ain't steelin' it, you ain't feelin' it !!

www.steelin4fun.com

donpoland@steelin4fundotcom

David Coplin

Eugene, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2005 2:46 pm    

I want to add my thank you to Mike, What a treat it was to hear him play and then explain in easy to understand terms, how he got a certain lick or run. I am only sorry I got into the room late and missed a lot.
I got in on the tail end of him explaining his tunning where he drops his 9th and 10th strings. Sounded like somthing I would like to try. Thanks again Mike. I hope I get to say hello in person some day.

Dave Coplin

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2005 5:38 pm    

I enjoyed the chat room and Mike's fine playing and talks. This is a nice get together for steel players, very informal...al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/