The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  We need a 6-string guitar player in N. CA.
Marc Friedland

Fort Collins, CO
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2006 12:18 pm    

We need a 6-string guitar player immediately.
Must be able to cover today’s country and classic rock and enjoy doing so.
In the meantime I’ll be the guitar player, which I can do, but we want to get me back as the utility man as quickly as possible.
I’ve been playing psg, keyboards, and 6-string with The Dave Russell Band for the past 4 ½ years and enjoying it very much. Most gigs are in Northern and Central California, and also in Reno or Tahoe.
We are a high-energy country show band, and gig quite often in the summer doing rodeos, County fairs, special events, etc. The rest of the year is slower, but still keep busy.
If you work a regular 9-5, it may be logistically too difficult for you unless you have a very flexible work arrangement. If you’re a music instructor, or have your own business and can change around your hours, this might work out fine.
In addition to originals, here’s a partial list of some of the material covered:
Keith Urban; Dierks Bently; Alan Jackson; Johnny Cash; Toby Keith; Tim McGraw; Brooks & Dunn; Garth Brooks; Brad Paisley; Elvis; Stevie Ray Vaughn; Lynyrd Skynyrd; ZZ Top, etc.
Well, you get the idea. Sometimes we go from Waltz across Texas right into Save a Horse, or Folsom Prison Blues into Hard to Handle.

If you know anyone who may be qualified and interested, please let me know ASAP, and I will talk with them or get them in touch with Dave.

Thanks very much.
Marc
707 644 1667

Marc Friedland

Fort Collins, CO
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2006 10:34 pm    

I believe we have one or two auditions set up, but we're still actively looking. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marc