The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tweed Fender F/S
Geoff Brown

Nashvegas
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2005 5:12 pm    

Hi all,

I'm selling my tweed-covered Fender Blues Deluxe. I'm the original owner, and with the exception of a handful of gigs early on, this amp has resided in my smoke-free home studio.

40 watts
1x12 Eminence speaker
2 channels (clean and overdrive)
2 inputs
power amp in
preamp out
tone controls (bass, mid, treble)
presence control
volume
drive control (OD channel)
master volume (OD channel)
reverb

This amp is all original with the following improvements:

1. I've replaced the reverb tank with a newer Accutronics unit. It is more stout than the original.

2. The tweed cabinet has been lacquered. It looks fantastic, with a nice vintage appearance. The tweed is now water-resistant and all but bulletproof, and will hold up very well to gigging.

3. I've pilfered/swapped tubes here and there over the years, so I have completely re-tubed this amp with JJ's. Power tubes are a matched pair of 6L6s. Preamp tubes are ECC83 (12ax7). All tubes are brand new.

This amp is very clean. The tweed has no tears or stains. The oxblood grillcloth is clean and looks like new. This amp is not too big, and not too heavy. It is plenty loud if you want it, and sounds great at lower volumes as well. This amp has never had, nor needed, any repairs. No issues. Comes with the original footswitch, schematic and owner's manual. $500.00 plus actual shipping costs.

I'd prefer selling to someone here, and see b0b get some $$ for the site. I'll leave it here for a couple days, and if there's no interest it goes on fleabay. I have 100% feedback on eBay, and my screen name is spruce-top. I was going to get some photos today, but I ran out of daylight. I'll get some tomorrow. If you'd like to see pics, or have any questions feel free to email me at: bluzdelux@mailblocks.com

Thanks!

[This message was edited by Geoff Brown on 25 January 2005 at 05:19 PM.]

[This message was edited by Geoff Brown on 28 January 2005 at 10:30 PM.]

Geoff Brown

Nashvegas
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2005 10:29 pm    

Just a bump, along with a correction. I just read thru my description, and realized I made an error. The speaker is a 1x12 Eminence, not Celestion, as I had indicated. I'll go and edit that.
New price: $500.00 and I'll pick up the shipping. I know how to ship an amp. This will be wrapped-up tight and double-boxed for the ride.

Geoff Brown

Nashvegas
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2005 6:48 pm    

Another buuummmp. Price down to $450 shipped. This is a nice little 40-watter. Bassman circuit with an added OD channel. Looks nice, sounds great. Easy to carry, and plenty loud if it needs to be. Great gigging amp.

Ron Randall

Dallas, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2005 10:07 pm    

Great amp for six string or E9 steel. It has that Fender tone.
I play through one every wednesday night with a 6 piece group. I play mostly the higher notes and this amp sounds great.