The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  vintage parts for sale
John Rosett

Missoula, MT
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2004 4:39 pm    

i have a homemade d-8 pedal steel, origin unknown. it has two rickenbacker horseshoe magnet pickups, and the tuner sets are old fenders. i have no idea what the bridges and changer mechanisims are. the body is home made, although it looks like the metal ends of the body with the legs were factory made.
the pickups both work, although one is louder than the other. they have their base plates, but the adjustment screws and springs aren't original. i'm going to have the output measured on both, and i'll post them later.
the tuner "tubs" are in great condition, except that the plating is worn under the string posts. they have "fender" and "pat pend" embossed on them.
i've been told that the pickups are worth as much as $200. each, depending on condition, and that the tuners are pretty valuable too. i'm open to offers for any or all, and i'd be interested in trading for a square neck, spider bridge dobro, or maybe a nice lap steel.
i don't have a digital camera, but i'll try to get some pictures to send to anyone that's interested.
thanks, john