The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Yamaha SW1000xg $250
Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2004 11:09 am    

One very good condition Yamaha SW1000xg digital audio sound card with built-in 20 meg ROM sample table. Excellent card for digital audio, for MIDI, or for both. Just the card but drivers are easily available on the net.

This card has built-in RCA jacks so you can run from your computer directly to your stereo. It's a GREAT Windows card. The card has the same ROM chip as most of the deluxe Yamaha synthesizers so having this card in your computer is like having a Yamaha synth attached, but without the keys and without the cables running everywhere.

Additionally, the card will (with the right software like Cakewalk SONAR or similar), record directly from itself. For example, if you're listening to music on the internet, you can record it directly to disk and save what you've recorded as .mp3 or .wma or even CD-quality audio.

I figured I would keep this card forever but it's been sitting in my desk for several months waiting to go in a computer that I never built.

If you use Band In A Box, this card will dramatically improve the sound quality over most SoundBlaster and on-board (on you motherboard) sound chips.

The card is over $400 new, if you can even find them.

Shipping should be about $10 to most anywhere in the US.

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Sierra Session 12

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger