The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  pedalsteel
Ivan Combs

Stephenson, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2004 6:57 pm    

steelguitar friends i would like to know why none of the guitar stores in our area sales steel guitar,and accessories? it's such a hassel trying to order everything we need. thanks

ivan combs
po box 143 stephenson wv 25928

------------------

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2004 5:50 am    

In my part of the state, there has never been any steel guitar gear available. I just order everything online or via telephone.
Hook

------------------
HookMoore.com
Allen Moore

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2004 12:40 pm    

Ivan, Two reasons most music store don't carry a lot of steel guitar merchandise or guitars: 1. Not enough players. 2. Most steel guitars today are marketed direct to the customer, not through dealers. The Carter Starter is sold only through dealers, but is available in discount catalogs like "Musician's Friend." You are not too far from Billy Cooper's Music in Orange, Virginia. Stop into his store, and you will see 50 or more steel guitars in stock along with amps, seats, volume pedals, etc. I run a music store in Walton, NY. Out of my store, I have sold 3 steel guitars in the last 15 years. If I had to make a living doing that, it would be tough. Wish I could, but only possible if I were in a large city, somewhere not too close to other stores selling steel guitars, and even then, I would have to carry other merchandise too to make a living. I do have strings, picks, cables, amps, etc in stock and do my best to supply the few local steelers I know of with their basic needs.

Ivan Combs

Stephenson, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2004 6:21 pm    

thanks fellers i know about billy coopers was down there and bought a profex proccessor. i am about 5 hours away from orange virginia. although visiting his store was worth the trip. just seems to take along time to get things in the mail. would like to know a good amp for a twelve string universal steel since the nashville 400 is no longer available. thanks

ivan combs

------------------

John Daugherty

Rolla, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2004 6:10 am    

Ivan, I have seen a lot of NV400s for sale on this forum. If you don't need that much power, you might consider a new NV112.

David Decker

Canton, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2004 6:29 am    

Ivan, I have a Nashville 400 in new, and I mean new condition, not a mark on it, and all chrome is mint. It has a cover in the same condition. I'm asking $375.00 for it. I bought someone's whole outfit Steel,seat, volume pedal and amp just to get the guitar. I have allready sold all other item's except the amp. Since your only in WV. the shipping wouldn't be to bad, or maybe we could meet somewhere and save money on the shipping.