The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dodd Man Out!
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2003 7:06 pm    

Tommy the Dodd-man is OUT with a new CD, and I love it! I just love the stuff he's playing; his version of "End of the World" sounds so good, that I cancelled it from my own CD cuz I like his version better! And, of course, his "theme song" "Dance with Me" is on this CD, and he just tears that one up. My other favorite is "Presence of the Lord", which has long been my favorite gospel number. Tommy has a great touch and on every tune on this disc he really shines. My recommendation: go get you one!
Jimbeaux

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2003 7:40 am    

Hey, Jim - that's my husband you're praising, so of course I have to jump in. I know he will appreciate your kind words. I have to note that "Presence of the Lord" was the very first piece I ever heard Tommy do. He was in my brother-in-law's studio that fateful night in 1998. And, yep - it was love at first listen/sight(Not sure which came first ). I do very much love his playing, and yes, I play it even when he isn't around!

[This message was edited by Donna Dodd on 08 September 2003 at 10:10 AM.]

KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2003 6:19 pm    

I haven't heard Tommy's new CD yet, but I must say that the first I've heard his pickin' was on The Inspirations Quartet album "The Wonder Of Wonders" which was cut back in 1983 or 84 I believe,and his playing grabbed me,and it's just great.

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2003 8:49 pm    

"Dance With Me " is my favorite song of all that I have heard Tommy play. It brings the house down at the Dallas Show. Was nice to see ya'll in St. Louis. Jody.