The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sarah Jory...wow!!!
Smiley Roberts

Hendersonville,Tn. 37075
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2003 11:29 pm    

This was my 1st time seeing the "Sarah Jory Experience"! This lady is not only BEAUTIFUL,her showmanship,& talent,are EXCEPTIONAL!! She is a "PRO" in the true sense of the word.
What really impressed me about her was,after her show,she spent,probably,over an hour, talking w/ fans, posing for pictures,& autographing FREE pictures of herself! Now,THAT'S a PRO!! I will be a fan for a LOOOONNNNG TIME!

------------------
  ~ ~

©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 4:50 am    

Smiley; Judging from the other threads and posts on this young lady, I'd say she was the highlight of the convention !!

Regards, Paul

Roy Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 4:58 am    

Smiley: I was wondering if you were there. I thought Sarah's rendition of Kenny Rogers' "She Believes In Me" was fantastic, and Oklahoma Stomp showed that she, like me, is a Joaquin fan.

Paul: I totally agree. Near the end of the show Sunday I was having trouble receiving Steel Radio. I had been listening to John Hughey when the signal dropped out. When it came back on, Sarah was just finishing a slow one -- I think it was "Mansion" -- and I thought John was still playing until I heard her say "Thank You." I'm going on a search for a CD by her.

Ric Nelson

Silver Spring, Maryland
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 5:54 am    

Smiley:

Seen Will lately?

Anne Marie O Keeffe

Co.Waterford,Ireland.
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 9:39 am    

Quote:
FREE pictures of herself

Of course FREE pictures. No artist this side of the Atlantic would dream of charging for a pic of themself, well they could try it but would be left with a large amount of pics of their own "mug". In fact here they are called "hand outs".......no need to explain that,is there.

Sara is an absolutely terrific artist. I can't wait to see her in Drogheda next month, I really enjoyed her performances last year.

[This message was edited by Anne Marie O Keeffe on 01 September 2003 at 10:41 AM.]

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 10:42 am    

Sarah has got it all going on. Confidence, poise, charisma, an obvious reverence for classic steel material, and fantastic tone and execution.

Oh, yeah, nice suit.

------------------
C'mon by and visit!- www.markvanallen.com
My Bands: Sugarland Kate and the Retreads Kecia Garland Band Shane Bridges Band Dell Conner Blues Band

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 11:39 am    

Sarah knocked everyone out!
It was great having her back after 12 some odd years. She has progressed and gives such energy and excitement to the stage! Diverse, I like that!
Theresa

Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 7:40 pm    

I ran into Sarah in the elevator saturday morning. she is not only a great player but a real sweetheart and she remembered me later that day ...called me elevator scott hahahaha

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 8:01 pm    

Theresa, I agree with you. Sarah is an awesome steel guitarist, singer, and guitarist. I first heard her Friday night and she is an amazing musician. I saw her on the elevator when I was getting ready to leave yesterday and I got the opportunity to meet her. She played "Cold, Cold Heart" on acoustic guitar and sang it. Sarah's really amazing! Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 8:12 pm    

Theresa, you said it!
Although there were a lot of great players At the show, Sara provided a special excitment and energy to the convention.
I heard her both times on Steel Radio...al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2003 2:59 am    

She is everything they say and more.
I saw her live Friday night and she brought shivers up my spine with her talent.
When she did her rendition of "Today I Started Loving You Again" on steel then straped on her Strat and played slide guitar and finished the song off in a Blues style it was AWSOME.
I talked to her in the Peavey room Saturday morning before she did her set and she is as sweet as she is talented.
She was worth the price of admission to the show.
Don

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2003 11:06 am    

What Hal Rugg said.

Chuck McGill

An hour from Memphis and 2 from Nashville, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2003 11:52 am    

She is the future of Steel Guitar. Sarah I enjoyed your playing and personality very much.

Mike Fereday

Newbury, Berkshire, England
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2003 1:09 pm    

I too thought that Sarah's performance was the highlight of the weekend. As has been said, what energy, what talent, what an entertainer.

The appearance with Joe Wright late on Saturday was relatively impromptu - Sarah was on her way to bed when Joe told her to go and get her guitar because he wanted her to join him for the last number!!

Those lucky enough to be going to the Irish festival will be able to see what we are talking about.

Mike

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2003 8:49 pm    

Smiley sat on the floor in front of the bandstand for both of Sarahs shows.Probably the only time he sat down in three days of the convention. Great show ,greater convention Scotty rules.

------------------
@^@