The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bob Taillefer
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 5:24 pm    

Bob is from Canada and we are thankful for all his contributions! He brought Doug Johnson & Dale Rivard along for a great ride. WOW! They really shined with enthusiasm. Knock out steel playing along with knock out back up band. Theresa

joe long

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 5:39 pm    

I have to agree 100%. We stayed with them until 4AM Saturday morning. It was some of the most fantistic music that I have heard in a long time. Not to take away from anything on the main stage. Steve Piticco remined me of Albert Lee. His playing and presence on stage were identical. Jay Riehl was a top notch drummer and singer who has the talent to sing the Vince Gill matierial. Don Reed on fidel, what more could you ask for in a band. Scotty needs that whole group, including Al Brisco back and put them on at a decent hour where more people would have the opportunity to see and hear them. Those who missed seeing these guys really missed something. Doug Johnson, what a steel player.

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 5:56 pm    

Joe,
You said it better than I! We both forgot the wonderful fiddle player! Theresa

[This message was edited by Theresa Galbraith on 03 September 2001 at 06:58 PM.]

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 7:02 pm    

These guys were great but what did you think of Jimmie Crawford's entrance (or exit)?

Greg Simmons

where the buffalo (used to) roam AND the Mojave
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 7:05 pm    

4.5 for execution and 4 for artistic merit -with the Russian judges abstaining

------------------
Greg Simmons
Custodian of the Official Sho~Bud Pedal Steel Guitar Website
shobud.cjb.net

[This message was edited by Greg Simmons on 03 September 2001 at 08:07 PM.]

Rich Mounce

Dunfermline, Il
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2001 3:35 pm    

Theresa!! So true. What a show the Canadian Connection did. BTW...You still owe me an interview!!

Rich Mounce
Promotion Director http://steelradio.com

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2001 3:46 pm    

Rich,
I know I owe ya one! But Bob sounded great with all his connections Theresa

Bob Taillefer

Canada
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2001 4:24 pm    

Hello Theresa,
Thank you so much for the kind words. On behalf of the Canadian contingent, I want to say that it was truly a great honour to be included on the 30th Anniversary show in St-Louis. We had a great time playing on Friday and Saturday night. Merci beaucoup mes amis! Bob

Miguel e Smith

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2001 9:01 am    

Didn't get to make the convention this year, but Bob sent me a copy of his CD about a year ago (not sure if it's the latest???). Great recording and wonderful playing, a true "pro" work. I look forward to hearing more from you Bob.

Mike S.

Neil Flanz

Austin, Texas (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2001 9:13 pm    

Absolutely outstanding musicianship from everyone. Bob, I'm sure glad that you got to bring Al Brisco, Doug Johnson and Dale Rivard with you. As for the South Mountain Band what can one possibly say? Jay Riehl's soulful singing,Don Reed's superb fiddle,Andrew Affleck and Jay's excellent rythm section and Steve Piticco's Tele playing. I couldn't believe my ears. Wow!!!!

John Steele

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2001 10:35 pm    

I was disappointed that I didn't get to St. Louis to hear all my Canuck brethren, but I know they did a great job. Bob himself has made a big contribution toward the recognition of Canadian talent with his exceptional production "Northern Steel".
I had the privilege of jamming with Bob and some of the others briefly at Al Brisco's a few weeks before the convention. Bob had just sat down at his steel and hit a few warm up chords... as soon as I heard them, I thought "ohhh.... this is gonna be fun..."
And it was!
Thumbs Up, Bob!
-John

Bob Taillefer

Canada
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2001 7:55 am    

Thank you all so much for the nice comments.

So good to hear from you Mike Smith. Twenty years ago when I first met you with the Larry Gatlin show (I was part of the opening act), you asked me to set up my steel and you proceded in showing me how to play Indian music on steel. I was blown away. From that moment on, I knew our beloved instrument could fit in any music. This inspirational get together led me to record the Nouveau Steel Jazz CD quite a few years later.

John Steele, you drove a few hours to jam with us at one of the fundraisers. The boys really appreciate your contributions. BTW, it sure was fun jamming with you. Regards Bob