The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  St. Louis
Jerry Brightman

Ohio
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 5:51 am    

Hello,

I wanted to thank everyone who treated me with such kindness during this past weekend in St. Louis. The name list is almost endless, but I will thank a few individuals
whom have become not only supporters, but terrific friends. Starting with Scotty who puts on the finest show for any steel player or fan, period!
Many are not exposed to all the behind the scenes work that he, his family, and many volunteers do in order to provide this seamless flow of entertainment. To my best buddy Danny Hullihen for providing a big shot of confidence to do this in February, and who forgave me after sending me Jagwire logo’s for the new Emmons guitars, and I forgot to pack them so I could display them over the weekend. To Jim and Jo-Ann Aycoth whom I became good friends with during the
past several months. A world class organization indeed. Buying two guitars and taking them home from the show outta tell you how I feel about their guitars. To Doug Rolfe and LT Zinn who asked me to play on the worship service portion. We tease the fire out of each other, but they understand the true meaning of all of this, and I thank them for reminding me of the most important things with all of this. To Jim and Janet Nelligan for providing transportation and being such good friends.

To my friends Weldon and Lloyd for providing professional encouragement. You all know their history, but to be so humble as they are at these shows is the real deal about them. Meeting Herb Steiner, Roy Rosetta and Jim Cohen, and Jack Hearn for the first time in person was great. Aside from interesting guys to talk to, they are also fabulous talents and really do support this instrument. Herb, I hope your father in law is ok. Seeing old friends like Mike Sigler, Rob Parker, Greg Galbraith, Bobby Caldwell, Russ Weaver, Russ Hicks, Speedy, and Sonny Curtis, Rick Troyer and all the gang from the Bolivar show was priceless. Making so many new friends including Larry and Delores at the Emmons booth, surely adds to the positives of this event. Connie Dawson for making sure one of my guitars returned home safe and sound. WC Edger for making sure the AIRLINE steel guitar punt, pass, and kick team didn’t harm my other guitar…great case for sure.

I especially want to thank all of the folks who gave me so many nice comments about my playing…You do not know how much it means. I hope if I have left anyone out that they forgive me as I’m still trying to be a 18 year old in a 50 year old body, and well folks…I’m just flat tired.

Guess I better thank Bob for giving us this communication vehicle so we can get on here and yap a little.

I held the secret that September 1st was my birthday and I could not be with my family, but I could not think of anyone else I would have rather spent it with then this family.

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!

Jerry http://www.slidestation.com

[This message was edited by Jerry Brightman on 04 September 2001 at 06:55 AM.]

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 6:55 am    

Jerry
Finally meeting you in person was like getting together with an old buddy and effortlessly reliving days gone by. Hanging with you in the Emmons room, and your introducing me to Mike Sigler, were the non-musical highlights for me this convention.

TWO Legrandes?? No wonder Jim and Joanne were so happy!

BTW, it turns out my father-in-law had an oxygen-deprivation episode due to a long-term lung disease issue, but he is out of ICU (he was there for precautionary purposes... "just in case"), and will be leaving the hospital in a couple of days. I'm in Columbia MO right now and am on the in-laws' computer, otherwise I would have emailed you privately. The look of concern you gave me at the elevator when I hurriedly discussed what I was going through told me more about you as a man and a friend than words could describe.

I'm proud to know you.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 5:55 pm    

Jerry, the playing you did on the Suday gospel show was enough thanks for me. You did a wonderful job, (blew me away!)and I am very proud of you.

With regard to the Jagwire String decals... not to worry. Tommy White had a new Derby and forgot to install his decal as well. That said, next time you and Tommy pick up your steel case and it feels a lot lighter than usual, well... go figure. :-)

My best to you and Tommy White, and to all of my dedicated endorsers and supporters. You make me very proud, and I am honored.

And while I'm at it, a heart-filled thank you to Peavey Electronics for their support.

Rich Mounce

Dunfermline, Il
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2001 8:03 am    

Jerry...It was great talking to you at the wee hours of the morning on Sun...I am sorry I was not able to touch base with you on Sun morning after services for the interview but would love to get together by phone sometime and do some talking. Great hearing you and look forward to talking to you again in the future.

Rich Mounce
Promotion Director http://steelradio.com

Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2001 2:42 pm    

Jerry
Sally & i were sorry you did'nt get to spend your birthday with your family.. But we were glad that we got to spend it with you. You are one heck of a guy, and i always was the oldest in my family and wanted a big brother, well i guess after all these years i finily found him!
Again a belated happy birthday to you, we love ya buddy!
Mike

Ps. I guess the nice guys have b-days in september huh!

Mike Sigler= sept. 17