The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Some Convention Highlights
Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 8:08 am    

As always, St. Louis is one of the year's musical/social high points for me. Here are a few, in no particular order. 1) Hearing Lloyd Green, Herb Remington, Buzz Evans, Tommy White and Bud Charleton, all personal favorites. 2) Checking out Joe Goldmark and the 10 Gallon Cats. I almost laughed out loud when I recognized an E9th arrangement of "Third Stone From the Sun" by Jimi (Lee Bob) Hendrix. 3) Talking with Michael Johnstone about the making of "Murph," a very moving story of a neglected hero. 4) Hearing Chuck Campbell and his solo steel. I've got a bunch of new ideas to start practicing. 5) Having dinner with Wayne Yakes at "Wayne's World" and hanging out with Charlie and Shirley Norris, my old Omaha buddy Lou Astrella, Neil Flanz, Tom Morrell, Billy Robinson, and all of the other players and friends. 6) Getting a chance to meet many of my Forum friends and making new friends, all through the music of the steel guitar. Music has been very good to me. 7) Playing my set on Saturday with my friend from Denver, Jim Stalhut, and seeing Roy Rosetta and Leonard Zinn smiling back at me-what great players, and this steel player's best friends on stage. Cool Having Sunday brunch with Ronnie Miller, John ("I like to drive fast") Macy and Jerry Fesseden. I know I left out a bunch of friends and highlights, but I had a blast and I am looking forward to next year.
Chuck

[This message was edited by Chuck S. Lettes on 04 September 2001 at 09:10 AM.]

wayne yakes md

denver, colorado
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 3:36 pm    

Chuck,
A lotta people said one of their highlights was you on your Mullen and "Little Ricky" frypan!! They'll get to enjoy you again in Dallas!! Keep up the great pickin'! We'll get together in Denver!!